Options
Whats everyone's preference?

Comment below.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
And I wasn't trying to brag or suggest in someway that I'm using my phone better than you because open estimated life of a fully charged battery
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I typically use screen on time as a better measure. Run time does not really reflect a phones usage equally for the sakes of comparison.

As for my phone settings, I run 5G and I do have a 5G sim on a 5G network so no compromises.

My screenshot shows you 5h SoT, NO charging, over a days use and still 50% left. My settings remain, 5G, WQHD+ 120hz. The battery life is the best Samsung have produced by far on a flagship, I have no doubt.

You may not be aware of this but part of the reason is because the S21 Ultra has a new OLED emitter which is over 25% more efficient than both the S20 and Note 20 series. That combined with the newer chipset on a better node results in substantially better battery efficiency.

Screenshot_20210328-231229_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
If I don't understand what screen on time is is what I'm trying to do is navigate through basic phone settings while using it wireless dex and phone as a wireless swipe pad kind of works but not ideal I'm no longer in dex mode how ironic is it the Samsung members app is not optimised for Dex which is something I just learnt with your help while we were having a pointless conversation the note 20 ultra by the way just as good as s21 ultra but has a bigger screen just a European version lags behind the American version the only complaint I have about the phone there's nothing more disappointing than the S20 Ultra cash it in while the phone still has value because I used wireless stick quite a lot my own screen time will not be that accurate
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Haha yes definitely not optimised for Dex first time I'm looking at this message didn't show up on dex so you are going to educate me now and I'm getting accused of thinking I'm special I meant I just like I'm talking about give me a minute I'm just going to go through this chat 2 make sure there's no other messages I haven't seen
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Put the note 20 ultra might not be as efficient on the battery usage but it has a bigger screen the snapdragon version of the note 20 Ultra has a similar benchmark scoring as as our S21 Ultra but I do have a serious question for you if you don't mind having you on this one this will be something you can educate me on what download speed and upload speeds do you get from your 5G SIM card band what do you use to check your Space 2 I can't use the same method I normally use speedtest.net or Wi-Fi man.com personally I was slightly disappointed with the 5G speeds I was safe after investigating found out that Virgin now runs on the Vodafone network not the EE network
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Sorry about the delay in replying I was just finishing off a Mortal Kombat tournament I was being online

Screenshot_20210401-223057_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210401-220123_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The screen size is very marginally bigger than the S21 Ultra and hardly accounts for any significant difference.

With Three for 5G (not the fastest network) and best I get 360mbps download and about 40mbps upload.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The S21 Ultra has a significantly better battery life and camera system, I wouldn't objectively speaking classify the note 20 as good, but it is still a good phone. Screen size is king I agree, but the note 20 Ultra screen really isn't that much bigger.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
You are 5G network still be smiling whether it's the fastest or not and averaging roughly 200 megabytes to download 30-40 upload luckily I got the 1 gigabyte Virgin broadband I'm not in any way suggesting the note 20 ultra is better than the S21 Ultra but it is a very close second and watching media content the note 20 ultra is better than the S21 offer I much prefer the Sheep on the phone and a slightly bigger screen but I do pride myself on having the latest flagship device the next one I'm getting is the note 21 Ultra hopefully still with an SD card slot it's cheaper than buying the maximum internal storage version like I did with the S21 ultra which tops out just over half a gigabyte the SD card I had in my note was the same size 256 gig of internal storage on the Note just even with half a gigabyte if you start recording in 8k absolute Max and in specification it's very disappointing the length of the video clip you can record and that is providing you have no other content on your device that is the only minor issue if any I have the S21 Ultra and coming from your previous device the s20 ultra the difference between those two devices is dramatic the difference between the Note 10 plus 5G and note 20 Ultra is even more dramatic after the hype surrounding the S20 Ultra the European version was a complete rip-off when comparing it to the American version and to top it off it cost more to buy why in the UK that I did in America and it gets worse they were also issuing a free phone case in the box with the one from America I couldn't believe Samsung done that South Korea was receiving the same handset as Europe Samsung annoying how much do European version land behind the snapdragon version South Korea being their home country they changed the version of handset to the snapdragon 1 in South Korea and expected European market to just accept the watered Down version of the S10 the difference in performance was even more dramatic on the S20 ultra for the first couple of weeks after the release of the S20 Ultra the cameras were useless autofocus doing everything but focusing 100 x zoom you couldn't even get 30x with decent quality photo 5000 milli amp you expect a decent screen on time dream on that wasn't happening southern note 20 ultra was a much-needed well-deserved upgrade from the S20 Ultra
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Are you kidding me? You can record for over 13 hours of 8k video with the 512GB version, which I have. The phone wouldn't last for half that time if you tried to record it. Let's not forget the storage speed is significantly faster than the note 20 Ultra so moving that video will be much quicker, especially compared to a slow sd card. If indeed you intend on using that long a video file, you'd more than likely need to back it up or store it on PC for editing or archiving. I dont see the draw of having a slow sd card for this purpose. As for pricing for the 512GB, well it actually wasn't all that bad as I got a significant discount from Samsung when I preordered it.
0 Likes