Options
Whats everyone's preference?

Comment below.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I would change to 90hz if I could but the app only allows for 96 or 120hz. Here is a link to where you can download the app. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/project-vivid/s20-refresh-rate-control/s20-refresh-rate-control-1-0-re...
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You don't need a specific app to appreciate 120hz, it's just so much smoother and a more pleasant experience using it in the system. I personally will not use 60hz anymore, it's just better to use 120hz.

As for the original topic, 120hz WQHD+ ofcourse! Battery life is excellent so see no need to drop it.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
What phone model are you using at the moment?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The S21 Ultra ofcourse.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
You do realise 85% of the time give or take 10% depending on how you use your device so 85% of the time never running on 120hz cos it's variable refresh rate if you watch a 30 Hz video your screen is running at 30 Hz you appear 120hz gaming your phone will be playing 120hz not everything is capable of running at 120hz got a phone knows it so to save battery it runs at the maximum Hz that the app game or whatever you're using on your device was made 4 would you like me to send you a link to download an app from the Google Play Store where it actively displays what Hz your screen is running at whenever you look whenever you want like a clock then you will understand your phone is very rarely running at 120hz
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You do realise that it matters not what refresh its running all the time, as long as it responds to user controls at a faster response than a flat 60hz, that's all that matters. If everything appears to operate smoother than a 60hz (which it most definitely does), the user will find the experience more pleasurable. The fact that it achieves this desired effect without using anymore power than a flat 60hz makes it all the better.

The problem is you need an app to tell when it's running at 120hz? I don't since I can tell by usage just flicking through the system. It's very easy to spot the difference in smoothness from 60hz to 120hz. Scrolling text on pages, videos through YouTube etc, that whole UI is enhanced by 120hz. When one gets used to it, it makes 60hz phones feel sluggish and dated.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
A lot before the fight you are jumping the gun I didn't say I had an app I said I could send you a link for an app for your own personal education you might find something from it I was only trying to inviting you to despite your phone might be set to 120hz it's not always running at that and you're not special in any way it's not so much of a noticeable difference going from 60 to 120 Hz but it's a massive difference going from 120 back down to 60 and reasons for such an app to exist if you are going to to make a claim or make a statement about refresh rate you're guaranteed to get somebody disagreeing with you so I like to have real evidence to backup what I say so I'm not just talking a load of BS like most people who just start making random assumptions that are completely wrong and if I'm being honest I just asked a few people that do professional Tech reviews how do you thought about the 60 to 120 they agree with me this morning noticeable on the way back down than it is on the way up so I'm quite amazed how you claim it's easy to spot the Difference going from 60 to 120 it's possible but form easy and it doesn't matter what Hz the screen is running at not just for user controls what happens when you're watching media content where it does matter what the refresh rate is running at and yes personal preferences or a big part of how you have your display settings everybody is entitled to their own set up that wasn't an issue I was just informing you unlike the S20 range it's not locked to 120hz what was a massive thing going from the S20 Ultra to the note 20 Ultra battery life difference was chalk and cheese the s21 Ultra is a slight improvement on the Note 20 Ultra it just comes with a higher milliamp storage capacity battery s21 that is.
you set up your phone how you want to use it that's what's important you're paying for it nobody else I'm not here to try to convince you to change any of your settings I was passing on information that was all and it's always nice to see somebody enjoying their experience using the S21 Ultra it is an amazing phone but anywhere you are personal preference is your choice as mine is my choice it still doesn't change the facts though coming to end this conversation here door it seems like we are going on swings and roundabouts a lot of Motion without getting anywhere it wasn't a way of my trying to belittle you anyway whatsoever but so please don't take it as that you should write a review or give some feedback about your experience using the s21 Ultra I feel your experience could be valued by people who are waiting up the pros and cons of getting an S21 ultra
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I do understand what VRR is, I do not need an education from you about how it works. I'm also very aware how Samsung implementation works, you aren't special nor educating me in how it's achieved.

What facts do you have to disagree with my opinion? My opinion of 120hz is based off the fact that I own both S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra and both phones have a much smoother and slick feel compared to say my note 10+ 5G. This is my opinion and it is fact since the refresh is literally 2x during operation. The S21 Ultra may have VRR but it jumps right up to 120hz during operation like when you swipe the screen. UI on the S21 Ultra is no worse than the fixed refresh of the S20 Ultra even running a higher resolution.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Ok
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I don't own a Note 20 Ultra so I can't comment on battery life, but what I do know is with my S21 Ultra even set to 120hz WQHD+ I can achieve over 11h SoT from a full charge with my typical settings, not something I could claim from any previous flagship phone I've owned. That is fact and I'm not the only one.
0 Likes