Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G - pros and cons

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 02:48 PM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hola! What are your thoughts on 5G? I just had a read through on the explore page (SE, FI, DK, NO) for some fifth generation info. According to another article it's mostly younger people in the ages 18-29 that are excited about 5G, as it will bring the possibility of watching high-res videos on your phone and access entertainment in a faster way. On the contrary, it also says that a lot of people don't actually know what the changes to 5G will mean.

What do you think? Pros and cons? Is it important that your next phone is compatible with 5G?

// ElinH
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
tabortmig
Apprentice
Options

I will be when its built but even today I use mostly wifi and I could stream basically anything so wifi and LTE speed even with comviq limiting LTE speed to 80mbit thats enough for Spotify on highest quality or youtube at 1440 and before when had tidal hifi it was ok to. But it will be good for less interruption between neighbors 

emigrating
Pioneer
Options

5G is more about IoT than phones and the speed or bandwidth available to stream 8k videos, What we have today, ie, 4G is more than capable enough to stream high bitrate content.

There's no con to 5G as such, but I don't see a pro either when it comes to phones. Also, it'll take years to roll out and get anywhere near the national coverage most civilized places have with 4, 3 or 2G.