Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no refund

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 11:12 AM)
Arlen1
Apprentice
Options

I placed my order over 15 weeks ago now. After 8 weeks of being given 5 different delivery dates and the product never arriving, i cancelled the order. Its been over 7 weeks since agreed to give me a refund. NSW Fair Trading  have been in contact with Samsung to explicitly note of the illegal operations not refunding.

Website says 21 business days for a refund, support team have quoted numerous times 30 calendar days. its been over 7 weeks now and still no refund.

I have phoned over 15 times, spent over 20 hours on the phone to customer support, emailed customer support over 10 times, emailed the CEO office over 10 times.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You may recieve some support from your Banks Customer Support if you paid by credit or debit card @Arlen1 

Also depending on your region in regards to how your Banks Terms of service deal with such issues.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
this is because Samsung customer service sucks
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Disgraceful service you need to be compensated on top of your refund.

One of the biggest letdowns with Samsung is the mods on this forum they should have the power to intervene and push through cases like this. BT, EE, Virgin etc. All have proactive mods with the power to make things happen.
AntS
Options

Hi @Arlen1 , That doesn’t sound good at all. Have you been given any sort of reasons for the delay of the refund beyond the 30 calendar days that the support team quoted?

Noticed that you mentioned NSW Fair Trading. Are you based in Australia?

0 Likes
ikimruslan
Student
Options

This sounds like 1 to 1 what Im dealing with right now in US. 

https://twitter.com/ikimruslan/status/1550205860869054464?s=20&t=E6KblsNDZz1MdwX4pmMBAg

Their cancellation policy is 10 business days refund, they appologized gazillion times for delay, but did nothing to refund me so far. I hear same BS over phone every time. 

Did you get you refund eventually? 

0 Likes
Arlen1
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AntS 

Yes im based in NSW. No reasons given as to why. Its now been 10 weeks since i initiated a refund - 18 weeks since i ordered. 
I have emailed Samsung customer service every week, spent s ~25 hours on the phone. I have been told nothing except an apology and to wait 10 business days. Every time i speak to them i am again told to wait another 10 business days. No one seems to be doing anything. 

NSW Fair Trading have been in touch with Samsung ~ 9 weeks ago of which at that time they reported to be processing the refund. NSW Fair trading are now trying to get back in touch after it being another 9 weeks without processing it. 

0 Likes
Arlen1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, no refund yet, 10 weeks and counting since initiating the refund, 18 weeks and counting since i ordered. 

0 Likes