Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1x-4x zoom camera is a bit funky

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 05:12 PM)
maltepalte
First Poster
Options
I recently got my new S20 Ultra and the first thing I noticed is that the 1x-4x camera is kind of focusing but not that great. Yes, I've tried shaking the phone, clearing the lens, restarting my phone etc.
I am just a bit bugged by that, but even worse? Snapchat.
Snapchat doesn't allow me to change the camera from 1x-4x and every single photo and video looks horrendous. It can't focus, very bad zooming quality and can only change the exposure. When I zoom in, things approx. 3 meters away is almost unreadable and you have a harder time to see what you are looking at. This has really bummed me because I use Snapchat technically on a daily basis just to capture moments and talk to my friends or whatever. 
I would like to know if anyone else is having the same issue or problems, or if it is my Snapchat and/or my device which is acting up.
I really hope it isn't a Snapchat feature and it's just a bug so it can be fixed. Otherwise I'll get even more bummed. 

If anyone has had the same problem and fixed it, please reply to this post! Otherwise, spread it for others to find and give feedback!
Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Daniel-M
Options

Hi!

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the camera on your Galaxy S20 Ultra.

In this case, we recommend that you clear the data in the camera app. Which you do this way:

- Settings
- Apps
- Camera
- Storage
- Clear data, Delete (you won't lose any personal data)

If you don't notice an improvement after this, you can also reset the settings on the phone (this is not the same as a factory reset).

You can read more about what is affected by this reset here:

- Settings
- General management
- Reset
- Reset settings

Should you still experience problems after this, we recommend that you get in touch with our customer support for more help.

/Daniel