Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV

Looking for solutions to your Samsung TV? We're here to help! Post your question here and learn from our experts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Tomazzz22
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

Couple of days ago I notice a slight light bleeding in the bottom left corner of TV with a growing glowing from the bottom upwards (UE75AU9000KXXU). TV has only 1 year and 10 months of use and has never been over used. When I approached to touch the screen it burned my hand as it was extremely hot! I could see the LCD (I think) coming back to its normal pattern after my hand cooled down the spot I touched. We turned the TV off immediately and search for help. There was a clear fire hazard and after googling it I could see many other complaints just like mine with both new and semi used TVs, a clearly factory defect.

Also noticed that if we are watching to a high resolution video (like netflix in 4k), it gets REALLY hot very fast. If only seeing "light" content (lower resolution videos) it just warms up a little.

So, I have been trying to sort it with Samsung but they seemed to not care at all for customers and only said me to go after paying for a repair.

I wanted to see who would be liable if we didn't spot in time and a fire happened. Samsung is overlooking a very serious problem and I feel very bad for being a customer with so many appliances from them and being treated this way.

Have anyone else had this issue? Now, would I be able to repair that? Would Samsung review it's decision of negligence and repairing/collecting the TV?

Asking for help here as I feel out of resources to sort it!

Many thanks in advance,

Tomaz

20230912_173149.jpg

16945397857341485546213630392166.jpg

 #UE75AU9000KXXU

Who Me Too'd this topic