Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK beta pulled

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 01:18 PM)
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

I registered for the beta of One UI 2.0 at roughly 01.45, downloaded and installed. I have just received a notice in the Members app stating the beta binary is not official and we (the UK) was not meant to receive it thus the registration banner was there by mistake. Is this due to the UK was meant to get the second beta update and not the first one? Also the play store shows as device not certified so is this a risk in security too?

53 REPLIES 53
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

AHH ok, I wasn't aware of other countries getting the second uodate, they have been on the same version as us now for 2 weeks so maybe they will get it before us.

Hopefully the longer time taken will mean an even better update:winking-face:

I have seen the latest on PhoneArena about the update but that is just speculation based on the Video library update information suggesting the 2nd android Q update

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Blackmage2k3
Apprentice
Options

I've been keeping an eye on galaxys10 reddit... There's UK users who are reporting on there that it's now available.

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/dmivc2/s10_one_ui_20_uk_unlocked_is_available/

Andrewchrys
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@BambiD I actually feel lucky that the mistake happened, else I wouldn't have any Android 10 on my UK device. 

Also I feel this build is reliable enough for a daily driver with only a few minor bugs... One being a memory leak for settings being applied.

If the Beta is not working well for you there is a method to roll back via Odin.

I'm hopefull we will get an update either Friday or Monday but happy to wait

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Andrewchrys
Journeyman
Options
Heres the reply ive had off samsung members
0 Likes
Blackmage2k3
Apprentice
Options

The issue I have with the bad release is that we've changed from BTU(UK UNLOCKED) to XEU(Europe) software.

0 Likes
BambiD
Pioneer
Options

@BenGinders I'm not unhappy it's just I don't know what may be wrong in this build made me worry. I took the plunge for beta and I'm happy. 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Blackmage2k3  That is strange that only certain users have received it.

I would be intresrested in finding out who on here got it as I have yet to see any mention on here yet... Looks promising though

Ben Ginders
Dan77
Navigator
Options

I think that the impressive effort that Samsung has made to bring Android 10  updates as quickly as possible, has been overshadowed by the unprofessional way that the beta program has been handled so far..

It seems fragmented and without internal communication..

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@BambiD  very true we do not know what is wrong with this build so good point... @TomaszT  are you aware of the issues why this Beta was pulled from public release to help out our mind at ease 🙂

Ben Ginders
0 Likes