Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK beta pulled

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 12:07 AM)
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

I registered for the beta of One UI 2.0 at roughly 01.45, downloaded and installed. I have just received a notice in the Members app stating the beta binary is not official and we (the UK) was not meant to receive it thus the registration banner was there by mistake. Is this due to the UK was meant to get the second beta update and not the first one? Also the play store shows as device not certified so is this a risk in security too?

53 REPLIES 53
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Leod good point, I failed to mention that..

One thing to note though is you do have to make sure you check the Samsung Pay app is up to date offer installing the patch

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
MikeT30
Navigator
Options

Thank you for the info. Looking forward to receive the correct beta version....do you know eventually when this will happen?

BambiD
Pioneer
Options

Waiting for non accidental or intended beta release. I'm still on the accidental release.

0 Likes
MikeT30
Navigator
Options

Same here.....over the half of my apps are completely disappeared, not available in Google Play Store, neither in Samsung App Store, if I try to do some settings to get my phone a bit back to life, after a restart or leaving the settings most of them are not changed.....it's a bit annoying and I really hope for a quick release for the "non accidental" version.....

Blackmage2k3
Apprentice
Options
UK Official Beta seems to be released now, I'm itching to know how to get on to that build.
Dan77
Navigator
Options

It does seem to be rather shambolic that certain UK users are able to download an incorrect beta binary, be assured that the correct version will be issued asap, but then are ignored while a new version is made available in countries that never received an incorrect download in the first place!

BambiD
Pioneer
Options

Hi I dont see any announcement of new version released and software update section shows no update. Hope Samsung hasn't forgotten the "accidental binary" users.

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Blackmage2k3  where have you read this, haven't seen anything myself yet,

Thanks

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options

No nothing in the UK.. My point is that a newer version of beta software is now available elsewhere, despite Samsung's apology to initial UK users who were provided with an incorrect version and assured it would be fixed asap!

0 Likes
BambiD
Pioneer
Options

Yeah right. There had to be a release in fire fighting mode instead 3 days go without anything and other regions getting new releases. Seems accidental things are not priority here.

We took a plunge to beta willingly but now we dont know if a half or wrongly brewed software can do to the device.

0 Likes