Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK beta pulled

(Topic created on: 22-10-2019 01:28 PM)
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

I registered for the beta of One UI 2.0 at roughly 01.45, downloaded and installed. I have just received a notice in the Members app stating the beta binary is not official and we (the UK) was not meant to receive it thus the registration banner was there by mistake. Is this due to the UK was meant to get the second beta update and not the first one? Also the play store shows as device not certified so is this a risk in security too?

53 REPLIES 53
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Andrewchrys , 

You probably will not get an answer on exact timescales as they will not know until the have done their testing after fixing the initial binary issues.

Just think yourself lucky being one of the select few who manage to get in before it was pulled 😉

TBH I have been using the German version and this version which I have found both to be very reliable as a Beta.

@TomaszT  this has to be one of the Better, Beta's 😉 I have ever seen.

Only downfalls I have spotted is compatibility with 3rd party launchers (specific to the new gestures)

Gestures on One UI home could be a bit more fluid/visible 

Good Lock apps are not compatible yet 

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Skezza
Apprentice
Options

When you say Google pay doesn't work, do you mean it won't run, or you just can't pay with it, I downloaded beta this morning and Google pay opens fine, but I haven't tried to pay with it yet 

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Apologies, let me rephrase that, the app will still open but does not allow the use of payment cards, only loyalty cards etc will be useable 

Ben Ginders
Skezza
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that info, just to let you know though, both my banking apps still work ok

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Great to hear @Skezza ,

My Halifax app works also, but I have heard some do not work 🙂

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Judgefudge
Student
Options

Google pay has been working perfectly for me all day. I've used it a few times to make payments. 

Guppy
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20191021-143400_Google Play services.jpg

It won't pay 

0 Likes
Judgefudge
Student
Options

Strange. Mine payed fine.  This was yesterday evening.Screenshot_20191022-093313_Google Pay.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-093343_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Awahwah
Explorer
Options

AP does not work for me either.

0 Likes
Leod
Journeyman
Options

For anyone who can't use Android pay, Samsung pay will work as an alternative (assuming your provider allows your card to be registered). Had the same issue with Android pay on the original One UI Beta.