Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 3 Beta 1 for S10+ ....

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 12:40 PM)
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey all ... beta testing has been released here in the UK for unlocked S10 handsets. Has any one actually installed the first beta version on their S10+ ? If so has any one encountered any serious problems with it ? I have the beta software ready to install. I have updated ALL my apps from both "Google Play " and " Galaxy Store " as well as backed up all my data on " Smart Switch" but after recent bad press releases about the software I am just curious to find out if any one has had " serious " issues. I've tested beta software here with Samsung for years but this time I am a little more weiry. Thanks everyone. Stay safe, well and Happy out there.

28 REPLIES 28
Bail3y
Explorer
Options
guys can you help me i havnt got the one ui beta notification for the s10 and I live in the UK, help.
Djraz
Pioneer
Options
attach here a screenshot of ur about info to see maybe are locked the phone under ur operator
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Arabianstar,

I am glad that you've finally decided to join our Beta program! 😊

If you encounter any errors, please report them via the Members app, so that our developers can swiftly get rid of them.

Also, I recommend you to send suggestions on how to improve the software (any suggestions are welcome).

I hope you'll be enjoying your Beta experience! 😉  

Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@Bail3y
Is your s10 unlocked/ sim free/ bought directly from Samsung ?
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@MartynaK
hope your well ?
.... yeah I've taken the plunge but I'm surprised as I don't really see much difference between One UI 2.5 and 3.0. I just see a few small additions to the settings menu and a small difference to the fonts on the notification panel...
.... I have been using it now for 24 hours and have not yet come across any errors as of yet and everything seems to be running smoothly with all my apps, fingers crossed ? 😇😀
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Here look ... 👌😊

Screenshot_20201126-111939_Samsung Members_19440.jpg

0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@ Martynak .... Update. I am noticing difficulties in my finger print sensor taking several attempts to unlock my handset. my screen /,sensor does not read as good as it did on " Ui 2.5 and gesture don't work as quickly on my navigation bar. it takes four or five times to "go back" / " open samsung pay" / " recents " I have made error reports. It must be a software issue because I paid Samsung Repair to replace my screen because I have 512gb storage and dual sim reader and wanted to keep this S10+ ..... apart from these issues everything else seems good 👍😀 ....
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@,Melmc1403... thanks for your reply. I hope your well ?
Listen I've just looked on line and 99% of people who " roll back " find all data on handsets is deleted though data on SD cards is not effected. Have you actually ever rolled back , if so can you confirm you didn't loose your data , settings etc?
I have backed up all my data before I installed 11/3.0 and after on Smart Switch and Google One to be 100% safe....
kind regards
0 Likes
Bail3y
Explorer
Options
@Arabinstar
yes it is unlocked and I bought my s10 from ebay new for £500
phil981
Pioneer
Options
I enrolled and the software is download and waiting for me to press install.

I've however changed my mind and want to opt out. is there a way?

I cannot dismiss the software update notification.