Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported app for this nfc tag pop-up

(Topic created on: 14-12-2020 01:58 PM)
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

In the previous beta, for Android 10, I had raised the issue below... Unfortunately was not fixed by the end of the beta. 

It seems android 11 beta fixed this...? 

Can anyone confirm if they see the pop-up? I for one don't 🤞👍

###############################

I use a Samsung case with a card slot, and a card in it. Been using the same setup on previous android with no issues. 

Samsung have added a pop up to say "No supported app for this nfc tag"

The issue is that the pop-up has to be dismissed before interacting with the phone, especially annoying on the call screen as it means pressing twice to hang up the call... Meaning most of the time I put the phone down not realising the call is ongoing. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Samsung told me it's a change of strategy for android 10,which really concerns me... 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
turn off nfc and contactless payment toggle. just turn it back on when you use your phone etc for payments. I had a similar case that could house cards and faced this during android 10 stable builds. turning that off stopped the pop ups from occuring
0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options
Yes... I understand and that's what I do too 👍😊 but I wanted Samsung to revert to before android 10 update... Or give us a setting to ignore cards we keep there, so we don't get the pop-up...

Are you saying you have the pop-up on your android 11 beta setup? Or like me, the pop-up does not show any more?
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Dadou1,

I can't see the pop-up either. Probably there has been a change in the structure of the Android.

Due to that, there is a change the pop-up won't be brought back.

0 Likes