Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New One UI 3 AOD digital clock styles

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 02:21 PM)
Svinja
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

yesterday i received new Android 11 update for my S20 Ultra. But when 'my' AOD activated i noticed that this is not anymore 'my' AOD which i had so i thought no problem i will change it back in a sec...So i looked up in AOD settings part and found out that there is no more my old nice big digital clock that i used to have. And that there is no my nice blue color that my old AOD had. There are now only 2 really small digital clock styles with strange color pallets to choose from and custom color option has been removed.

I bought this big screen 1K $ phone so i can view things easily and i was so happy w/ that huge numbers clock AOD that i could see from any distance&angle. I am very disapointed w/ this update, now i feel like I'm having my old A8 from 2018' which btw had bigger clock but with same color options to set up.

So please can somehow/someone told devs to just put the old ones clock styles in current version? 

Now the small size digits on this huge phone just look ridiculuosly small.

Thank You for your time reading this i hope it could be resolved in future.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Svinja
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

finally the big clock AOD day has arrived back to my Galaxy Ultra. It's not available throught normal system or AOD app update, but its available with Samsung Good Lock app. There are again a plenty of AOD styles to choose from, bravo Samsung!

Just download Samsung's Good Lock app via Google Play store if your country is supported, for everybody else there is the alternative app Fine Lock which works everywhere.  Then inside add Samsung's subapp Clock Face which now supports One UI 3.0 and Android 11 and there U go. My Ultra is now complete :face-with-tears-of-joy: (except for autofocus issues ofcourse 😕 ).

finally big clock AODfinally big clock AOD

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Ndj
Pioneer
Options

Same here the AOD clocks are way to small my S9÷ beets this Samsung how can we roll back this mess and get back what we paid for  the whole point of Aod is the clock fix this 

MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Svinja,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll forward your suggestion to our development team. 

Let's see if some changes can be introduced! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

Ndj
Pioneer
Options

Well simple checks against the previous firmware there is no option to alter the size there is no custom clocks just pictures the previous was limited this is even more limited we don't want third party stuff just a basic clock we can see 

AdidasaurusRex
Student
Options

Hey, I've recently upgraded to Android 11 with OneUI 3.0 and after the update, the clock on the AOD was way smaller and the font was also tinner. Unfortunately, there are no settings available for customizing the size of that clock or adding a custom one. Currently, this a waste of space, and I would like it if Samsung would let us customize the AOD clock. As  already stated, this is an expensive device with a big screen and I would like to easily see the clock on it. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

Mest
First Poster
Options

Same here, very disapointed with the clock. Thinking about buying a pink glitter Phone cover to match the clock collours better. Whats wrong with just green or blue Samsung?

0 Likes
Members_1qcBS4c
First Poster
Options

New update available and still the same small clocks...😡

Geedlet
First Poster
Options

It's not just the size that's bothering me, it's the lack of variety. I really liked the cool digital one that looked like it was on a bunch of cube faces, especially when paired with a gradient color scheme that colored each cube differently. Why did they get rid of the big and interesting clock displays? None of the custom AODs in the store seem to be able to have unique clocks.

Solution
Svinja
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

finally the big clock AOD day has arrived back to my Galaxy Ultra. It's not available throught normal system or AOD app update, but its available with Samsung Good Lock app. There are again a plenty of AOD styles to choose from, bravo Samsung!

Just download Samsung's Good Lock app via Google Play store if your country is supported, for everybody else there is the alternative app Fine Lock which works everywhere.  Then inside add Samsung's subapp Clock Face which now supports One UI 3.0 and Android 11 and there U go. My Ultra is now complete :face-with-tears-of-joy: (except for autofocus issues ofcourse 😕 ).

finally big clock AODfinally big clock AOD

AdidasaurusRex
Student
Options

I can confirm that the Good Lock actually resolves that issue and also that there is no other solution(at least I didn't found any)! That being said, if you live in a country where Good Lock is not supported, refer to the link below to see how you can hook yourself up. That method worked for me as I live in a such country.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/solution-how-to-install-good-lock-2020-on-any-samsung-dev...

Cheers