Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 08:25 PM)
AlxVII
Pioneer
Options

Any idea why any keyboard used is higher up the screen than low as possible before when you're using nav bar with full screen gestures?

Any way to get it to lower down the screen like before or disable the drop down keyboard indicator that shows now?

8 REPLIES 8
oliver17
Journeyman
Options
I feel you bro. The keyboard being higher up is throwing my typing off so much. The layout settings dont seem to move the keyboard down at all. I havent yet but maybe experiment with using a third party keyboard e.g. G-board?
0 Likes
Solution
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, to remove the gap at the bottom of the keyboard, please navigate to settings, display, navigation bar, at the bottom there is a toggle to show button to hide keyboard button. If it's off, enable the toggle then disable it. The gap is then removed
oliver17
Journeyman
Options

@SiBozzy1811 

That worked a treat thanks!

However, it still seems that there is a ~1cm gap at the bottom that wasnt present in android 9? Have you noticed that too?

0 Likes
AlxVII
Pioneer
Options
Thanks man, really helpful! And I obviously came across this option previously but brain dead beta couldn't figure it out.
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Thanks for sharing your knowledge @SiBozzy1811 ! You're a star! :white-medium-star: 

0 Likes
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
@oliver17 yes I noticed it but it's not a issue at all. The gap on android 9 was bigger than that and it wasn't removable as far as I could remember
0 Likes
Guppy
Explorer
Options

Legend. Mine was off so never thought of turning it on then off! 

0 Likes
Versace1993
Student
Options

Thank you bro appreciate the heads up

0 Likes