Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Connecting to WiFi

(Topic created on: 23-10-2019 06:42 AM)
oliver17
Journeyman
Options

Since updating to One UI beta 2.0 I have been unable to connect to any wifi network. I cant auto connect, but more annoyingly every time i go to connect to my home or school wifi I get the error message "failed to connect to network". The same happens if I try to connect to the networks by adding them manually. I am now only relying on mobile data and will need to downgrade back to Android 9 if I cant get this fixed. I have tried all obvious troubleshooting steps, unfortunately to no avail. I wondered if anyone has been having the same problem and/or know a fix.

Thank you.

P.S. UK Galaxy s10 128gb white

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
If you have tried some troubleshooting steps then maybe a factory reset is the only option. I was able to connect to wifi as soon as my device finished installing the beta. Hope you get it sorted
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @oliver17 

This is a serious problem. 

The best solution would be to register it via Beta feedback option in Samsung Members app, but I understand that sending log files means more mobile data used.

You can try to rollback to Android 9 using Smart Switch, or wait a little for a new binary (it is possible that it will help with your problem). 

oliver17
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply, i sent the beta feedback earlier today and have since tried to rollback to android 9 but am having issues with smart switch - after withdrawing from the beta program in the members app i still cannot get an "update" (aka rollback) option to appear in the PC smart switch app. Essentially i am stuck in the beta with no wifi and only 2gb of mobile data left 😞
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@oliver17 

It seems Smart Switch is still not configured for that binary (as it was not meant to be released to the public yet).

I am truly sorry that such a situation happened to you. 

I promise that we are doing our best to release the new version and fix those problems.

I know it is not ideal, but you might want to do the backup (via Smarts Switch) and factory reset the device. 

oliver17
Journeyman
Options
I have already backed up the phone in anticipation of rolling back the software via smart switch. Would factory resetting roll me back to Android 9? I saw a post on here saying someone tried that and it didnt work?
Thanks
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@oliver17 

It will not roll you back to the Android 9, but there is a high chance it might fix the problem you have.

It does seem like a problem related to FOTA upgrade (some data might have incorrectly transfered from the old binary), so if you factory reset the device it will not have any corrupted data that might be the source of that error.

0 Likes
oliver17
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the help, do you know of any timeframe on the fixed binary at all? Im would factory reset if its going to be a few days but it seems a bit drastic if we will be getting a fix by tomorrow?

Thank you again :smiling-face:

0 Likes
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
He's right about some old data that may still be present from android 9. A factory reset is your best solution for this trust me. Do the reset and you should be able to connect to wifi without issue
0 Likes
Markl
Explorer
Options

Have you tried clearing the system cache?

Not as drastic as a factory reset and seems to solve a lot of problems in oast betas.

0 Likes