Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else got a chrome update stuck installing?

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 09:10 AM)
ARamsay
Navigator
Options

On the play store I have a google chrome update that has been stuck installing for 3 days. Multiple restarts, cache clears, disabling and enabling chrome, and even installing the 2and beta update hasn't solved it.

Any ideas guys?

7 REPLIES 7
Nev0308
Journeyman
Options

Mine is Facebook and Facebook messages it start to download then say can't install been doing this for 3 day now I have reset my phone and all that

0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options

I have the same problem tried everything nothing will sort it.

0 Likes
ARamsay
Navigator
Options
Mine doesn't even say "can't install" it's just permanently installing. Can't cancel it or anhthing
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options

Same here

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @ARamsay 

I have just checked it on my device.

When I have tried to download the update "Google Chrome: Fast & Secure" there was some kind of a problem appearing each the instalation was about to finish.

But when I went to "My apps & games" > "Updates" tab  and tried from there it installed without a problem.

If that doesn't help, then please submit an error report. Our development team will have to check what is the source of that problem!

0 Likes
ARamsay
Navigator
Options
I have auto update turned off and i didn't start the the update, it was just there installing. I am unable to stop or cancel it to try again. I have submitted an error report with logs
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@ARamsay  may be s silly question but have you tried clearing the cache on the play services & play store ... Of that fails try clearing data on those also.

I had a similar problem and ended up uninstalling updates on Play services & play store then update again

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes