Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture hints background

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 09:17 PM)
Project_T3A
Apprentice
Options

I really like using the gesture navigation and visually the gesture hints really bring it together but I hate how there's a big white (or black in dark mode) rectangle at the bottom of my screen when they're enabled. It's perfectly fine on white screens (like the settings) but as soon as something dark goes near it looks awful.

Screenshot_20210112-210300_Samsung Internet.jpg

 it wouldn't be too much of an issue except I have the s10lite which has curved corners which just highlights the problem and makes it really distracting. Does anyone know if I can hide the background like on the home screen?

Screenshot_20210112-211029_One UI Home.jpg

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Project_T3A,

There is no option to hide the background when gesture hints are enabled.

I'll forward a suggestion to our Development Team asking for the option to set the transparent background when gesture hints are enabled, so that the white/black rectangle will no longer show  😊.

View solution in context

Solution
tomeveritt
Pioneer
Options
NavStar for Good Lock has now updated and includes this feature! I'm not a fan though because it formats the screen as though you were using gesture navigation without the gesture hint, and then just sticks the bar on top so it formats badly, particularly on Google apps and on top of the keyboard.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
a image going across the navigation bar looks like something to do with edge touch because you can actually get rid of that big white line if you're using it I've got an S10 I too have it on your settings but without another bar showing
0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
just took a screenshot You cannot see my navigation bar there's an option in the settings where you can turn it off so you don't have to see it but you can still do the gestures or swipe across the swipe up all the same without it

Screenshot_20210112-220806_BBC News.jpg

0 Likes
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options
I've been asking for the background behind the bar to be transparent everywhere, just like how it's on iPhone but there's been several updates since I suggested it and nothing has been changed so I guess it's just something they don't care about. it's not a deal breaker (unlike no SD card and only 1080p on the new S21) but it is something nice to have for a cleaner and seemless look

Current Phone: Galaxy S10 128GB Exynos SoC | Model SM-G973F
Project_T3A
Apprentice
Options

I'm not talking about removing the hint entirely as the small grey bar looks quite nice, but if I turn that on then I can't get rid of the background

0 Likes
Project_T3A
Apprentice
Options

This is how I've had to use it, without the gesture hints option. I just wish there was a way to have the gesture hint "pill" without the background

0 Likes
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Project_T3A,

There is no option to hide the background when gesture hints are enabled.

I'll forward a suggestion to our Development Team asking for the option to set the transparent background when gesture hints are enabled, so that the white/black rectangle will no longer show  😊.

Solution
tomeveritt
Pioneer
Options
NavStar for Good Lock has now updated and includes this feature! I'm not a fan though because it formats the screen as though you were using gesture navigation without the gesture hint, and then just sticks the bar on top so it formats badly, particularly on Google apps and on top of the keyboard.
Project_T3A
Apprentice
Options

Great, thanks Ill check it out. the best thing about android is that theres always a way to do that weird thing that you want to do.

tomeveritt
Pioneer
Options
No worries buddy! Hope you like it!
0 Likes