Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy wearables app

(Topic created on: 01-11-2019 08:11 PM)
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else having major issues with the galaxy wearables app since downloading the beta. I have a galaxy watch connected to the phone. The app crashes instantly when opening it and I cannot access of the settings on the app. I have also had a massive increase in battery drain with my watch since downloading the beta to my S10+. I think this may have something to do with wearables app not being able to open correctly. The watch is almost unusable at the moment due it needing to be on charge every couple of hours, baring mind the watch is only 4 months old. Before the update it wouldn't need charging for a couple of days and my usage hasn't changed.

8 REPLIES 8
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Matty1306  this happens sometimes when reinstalling apps from a backup or updating without a factory reset.

First I would advise clearing cache and data for the wearables app failing that uninstall then reinstall the app

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options

@BenGinders 

Hi, thank you for your reply! Unfortunately I have tried what you have suggested with no luck. Having the same exact issues. Not really sure on what to do now! 

Regards 

Matt

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Sorry about that,

I am a trator for  watches as I have an Huawei Watch GT

Have you submitted a bug report, hopefully they will get it fixed for the next release.

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options

@BenGinders 

Reported it a couple of days ago, upto this point never had an issue with the watch, which is a shame. Anyway thank for your help, appreciate it! 

0 Likes
Awahwah
Explorer
Options

I'm not seeing this problem but I factory reset after installing the Beta and then set the phone up as new not restored

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Matty1306 

Thanks for submitting an error report!

Our development team will definitely take a look at that!

0 Likes
Danny24d
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem with galaxy wearable app before and after updated to beta. Hope it will be sorted 

Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
I decided to opt out of the beta in the end, as it was basically making my watch unusable. Since reverting back to 9.0 everything is working perfectly again.
0 Likes