Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full screen gestures

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 01:32 PM)
dan2508
Explorer
Options

The full screen gestures are no longer present. The only one that I can select is the old style ones where you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This happened ever since the new beta update that got released today. Any ideas how to get full screen gestures back?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dan2508
Explorer
Options

Looks like they've taken 3rd party launchers support out because it was working for me I'm the first binary with Nova launchers. Using Samsung One UI works fine. I wonder when Samsung will allow 3rd party launchers to use the gestures as the Pixel 4 already supports it 🤔 

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @dan2508 ,

Go to 

Settings>Display>Navigation Bar> select Full Screen Gestures> Click 'More Options' in the full screen gestures section> Select the second option 'Swipe from Side and BottomScreenshot_20191107-185907_Settings.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
dan2508
Explorer
Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. 

That option is greyed out on my one. Even when I select the full screen gestures. 

Screenshot_20191107-192212_Settings.jpg

Thank you,

Dan

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi mine did this also, try selecting the navigation button option then switching back to full screen gestures

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
dan2508
Explorer
Options
Hi, tried that still didn't work
0 Likes
Solution
dan2508
Explorer
Options

Looks like they've taken 3rd party launchers support out because it was working for me I'm the first binary with Nova launchers. Using Samsung One UI works fine. I wonder when Samsung will allow 3rd party launchers to use the gestures as the Pixel 4 already supports it 🤔 

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @dan2508 

Due to a lack of compatbility it seems that for 3rd party apps, this option was temporarly disabled.

But still, please share an error report with us since I did not get a confirmation yet if that was done on purpose or a side effect of one of the fixes.

Cheers! :fisted-hand:

0 Likes
filipefumaux
Student
Options

I just received the offical version to S10+ and I can confirm it isn't working with Nova Launcher

0 Likes
vpa
Navigator
Options

This is only problem on Samsung. Huawei P30 Pro works with Nova Launcher without any problems more than 2 months.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 White 2x
Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
Galaxy Buds2 | Galaxy Buds Pro
QE55QN85C, The Freestyle 23
0 Likes
ExxWhyZee
First Poster
Options

I use "Total Launcher".  After resetting s10+, and getting launcher.  I found out that two swipes don't do anything from launcher. Then swiping the "select a home app" works, and from there I can choose from the other two.

0 Likes