Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update

(Topic created on: 06-12-2019 04:40 PM)
RussellDurose1
Journeyman
Options

I got notifications about the Beta programme and did the update but after the firmware installation it hung with a error then I had to do a factory reset. Anyone else have this experience?

9 REPLIES 9
MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

Hello @RussellDurose1,

I haven’t seen any reports of this kind of error so far. Please, if it occurs again, send a report through Beta Feedback in Samsung Members. You will need to do it right after an error occurs. This way we’ll have the necessary information in the attached log files.

0 Likes
Clownsarefunny
First Poster
Options
I had exactly the same thing
0 Likes
RussellDurose1
Journeyman
Options

You get the error on first boot

0 Likes
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I started with betas few years ago.  Not always went smooth. 

My issues with this beta started with registration itself.  I had a Official UK ROM but sim was from different country. (You need UK sim to register) .

So I inserted my UK sim and went through registration. Downloaded beta (through OTA) and installed it. I also backed up my data to SD card. Just in case. And then problems started. After installing beta rom the 0hone couldn't boot. Looped few times and then displaying error (part of recovery menu) . Only  option for me was factory reset.  It worked.  The phone booted. 

But data was gone (lucky I had copy on SD, or so I thought). I forgot to decrypt SD card before updating to beta. Data was lost as after factory reset the encryption keys are lost.

Then I installed Samsung Members app. 

Welcome to beta screen appeeared but clicking on feedback or notices buttons gives a popup saying that device or Samsung account is not registered with beta. Of course my device is (was) registered for beta and also my Samsung account.  Is it an issue caused by factory reset (there were no other usable options)? 

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

Hi. It's not possible to report the error.  My case was exactly the same,  updated to beta, then phone went to a loop and only option was to factory reset.  Then after installing Samsung Members app it posts a welcome screen to one ui beta program but I won't allow access to feedback or notices. The app reports that device or account is not registered with beta program.  

Screenshot_20191206-111049_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-111056_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-161536_Settings.jpg

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
sammac1
Journeyman
Options

I had exactly the same issues as you have described. Having installed the last beta for the 9.0 pie and everything installing smoothly I thought it would be the same in this case... I was wrong! I'm my case though, I didn't bother make a backup of the phone data or settings. Guess what?? I had to eventually do a data factory reset and lost EVERYTHING. Spent the next couple of days putting the phone back to some what as it was before selecting that INSTALL NOW button. Probably will not be entertaining the beta programme next year that's for sure. So conclusions... BACK UP EVERYTHING!!

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I finally got the problem sorted.

I tried few things, waited for OTA update to beta 2 ( didn't get one) , then I downloaded update file manually and sideloaded it via ADB, still had no access to Samsung Members beta feedback etc. And of course no OTA updates.  

Then I simply downloaded official Android 9 FULL ROM for my phone and flashed it to the phone. 

Phone booted properly and after a while I had first OTA update to beta, and the secon

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

And few minutes later the second OTA update was downloaded also.

Now the Samsung Members app is working fine.

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

@Leon24xxx, I'm so glad it finally works!!! :party-popper: