Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature for Facebook notification

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 08:16 PM)
chris_todd
Explorer
Options

Does anybody else keep getting an updating a feature for Facebook notification since upgrading to android 10? I keep dismissing it but keeps coming back. 

44 REPLIES 44
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

I got this issue upon the first beta. It was fixed on the 4th beta and on the 5th it hasn't reappeared. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

The problem never went away for me, even after uninstalling updates and after disabling the Facebook app. 

I've had it appear twice since getting home half an hour ago. 

0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options
Certainly isn't fixed for everyone..
During the beta program, my phone has been factory reset, I've cleared cache after each update and I've wiped data for Facebook and Play Store, but "Feature for Facebook" still returns.. just minutes ago was the latest one actually..
0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options
Zuckerberg and the "powers that be" are apparently sorting this..
Seems to be an Android 10 / Facebook issue and not Samsung attributed..
Very disturbing that it doesn't stop when Facebook is allegedly "disabled " 🤔
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Dan77 Thats what I found frustrating. I'd disabled everything  that had Facebook in the app description, and it still happened.

Would be good to get some developer feedback on it seeing as though it's an "embedded" app, other than the generic "Facebook are fixing it" that I've had so far. /cc @TomaszT 

0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options
I suspect there won't be any feedback on the matter now
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've had it about 6 times in the last hour f.f.s. 

@TomaszT can you get an update off the developers so they can advise how we stop it from appearing? 

Disabling Facebook isn't working. Uninstalling updates isn't working. 

If Android 10 gets a public release with this still happening, there's going to be a lot of angry non-Facebook users. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

And again. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

And once more. 

0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options

Since updating Facebook to version 250.0.0.0.93 last night, and also clearing data for Play Store, I've not had the issue today... 🤞