Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face unlock press home button

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 12:39 PM)
sleepwalker_m
First Poster
Options

I have got an weird issue I use Face unlock to unlock my phone and when the screen wakes with the "lift to wake" it kicks in straight away but when I hard press the home button on lock screen it wakes the screen but doesnt activate Face unlock untill I swipe. Does anyone have solution for that? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
maik005
Navigator
Options
You need to enable "unlock with home button" in navigation bar settings
0 Likes
sleepwalker_m
First Poster
Options

Its not that as enabling that option doesnt let me stay on Lock screen and check my notifications and just unlocks the phone and sends me to directly to home screen.

0 Likes
MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @sleepwalker_m,

I tried enabling and disabling several settings, but the device keeps behaving the way you've described. Please report this via Samsung Members, so we could be sure that it's a bug.

0 Likes
sleepwalker_m
First Poster
Options

I have reported it already, but to be honest it could be done as an option in the Intelligent scan menu as that way it gives you the option to check your notifications on lock screen and then just pressing the circle arrow activates Intelligent scan to unlock the phone

0 Likes
maik005
Navigator
Options
but that would be what I said above...

0 Likes
sleepwalker_m
First Poster
Options

no its not as pressing the home button with the "unlock with home button" option on makes the screen blurry and just unlocks the phone if we have that option to press the circle arrow pressing the home button will just wake up the screen giving us the option to check notifications on lock screen without making the screen blurry and then unlock the phone pressing the arrow if we want to

0 Likes