Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 upgrade issues 🤦‍♀️

(Topic created on: 03-11-2019 08:53 AM)
Bo11
Student
Options

Since upgrading my 3 month old S10, I feel like it has been destroyed by  Samsung and this new software update.  I cannot  make WhatsApp calls via my mobile data for both  audio and  video calls. I can't  share  any media on WhatsApp either. If I  try to click on the  Google app all i get is a white blank screen. After at least 3 attempts  to  get  in to the Google app, I click on a news article to  expand it, the phone is unresponsive and i will have to close all apps, restart the phone and the same thing keeps happening! To add insult to injury,  my phone keeps telling me that i have no internet connection  when i enable my mobile data. SAMSUNG WHAT IS GOING ON? And is it possible to  downgrade to Android 9? If yes, URGENTLY  send me step by step instructions on how to do this. Am so frustrated right now. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
kop32
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, the official way to downgrade is using Smart Switch, before loading onto a computer you need to withdraw from the beta project and then connect your phone to a PC running Smart Switch, this should then give you the option ro re Flash the latest official firmware, bare in mind this will wipe your phone to factory reset though, hope this helps. 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Bo11 

This is the risk you take when signing up to a Beta as stated in the Terms & Conditions.

My device works perfectly on the Beta apart from the Google issue, which all I have to do is close the app and re open.

I do not face any issues with data or WhatsApp though..  Did you do a clean install with a factory reset.

As stated by @kop32, Smart Switch is the official tool to switch back, also Odin is another option but I wouldn't advise this if you have not used it previously.

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Bo11 

I am really sorry that all those problems make your phone unusable. 

But please note, that this is not an official One UI 2 binary. 

To avoid those problems when it is officialy launched, we have created this Beta Programme, so with your valuable feedback we can release an even better software!

Unfortunately, since those are Beta tests, there is a high chance that errors might occurs (To be honest, it is even expected that it happens). 

As @kop32 has already explained, if you would like to rollback to Android 9, then please deregister from the Beta Programme first (this will stop the FOTA update from being sent to your device).

You can do that in Samsung Members app. Then press Settings button and select "One UI Beta Programme" option.

Over there you will have an option to withdraw from the programme.

Once you are withdrawn from it, then please connect your device to your PC that has Smart Switch installed on it.

It will allow you the option to downgrade instead of updating.

I hope that the official version will be perfect for you once it is finally released! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Bo11
Student
Options

Thank you for reminding me  about the  factory reset  after smart switching.  Thanks again