Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Vodafone UK

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 07:20 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
S21 Ultra continues to default to 3g even where 4g and 5g is available.

A carrier settings update a few weeks ago improved things a bit but still need to go further Samsung.

Thinking of getting rid of the S21 Ultra due to the poor signal and getting an Xaiomi 11 or 12 to be honest.
7 REPLIES 7
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've noticed mine switching to 3g a lot recently 😡
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Anonymous User,

If this error continues to occur, do not hesitate to send us the information about the error via the Samsung Members application. Thanks to your help, our developers will be able to fix possible errors and the final version can be released as soon as possible:smiling-face::ok-hand:.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
By way of an update - 2 hours on the phone to Samsung Complaints today, they now want to send an engineer to look at both S21 Ultra devices before deciding on next steps......

F**k my life, how much more time do I need to spend here?

Thinking I might take Vodafone up on their Black Friday offers, maybe a Pixel 6 Pro and write this whole experience off to "never again will I buy a Samshite" 👍
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
@MartynaK

This is not a Beta issue. It has been like this since July when the devices arrived.

I've lost track of the numbers of hours spent talking to Samsung Shop (who are a bloody disgrace quite frankly), Samsung UK President Office and Samsung Complaints.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
@AndrewL

Why are the Samsung Moderators not commenting or providing any assistance on any thread regarding the poor cellular / mobile issues affecting hundreds of members?

This is a massive issue that has been widely reported here, widely reported on Facebook and Twitter and widely reported on the world's press.

So what are Samsung saying or doing about this? Sweet stuff all

Why?
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Anonymous User , Generally speaking, signal issues are always a tricky one to advise on en masse due to the variables involved (hardware, software, network, location, things that are nearby that might be interfering with the signal… one end of my house's upstairs is a signal weak-spot to give a personal example).

Of course it’s up to you, but might be best to get an engineer inspection of your devices to see if you can get more info about what’s going on in your specific case.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My understanding is 5g only kicks in if downloading stuff otherwise the phone will normally revert to 4g to save battery.

Also would depend on network coverage.

I'm presuming you guys do have a 5g sim.

I run a giffgaff 5g sim and it runs on O2 network which for my area is not that bad.

Vodafone was patchy for me when I had it good in some place and others it was pants.
O2 seems to have a more stable network overall.
0 Likes