Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Reset After Beta Install

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 09:21 PM)
SteGreen
Journeyman
Options
Evening all, I've installed the One UI 5 Beta in the UK and I'm struggling to hard reset after install. Everything I seem to try just doesn't bring up the bootloader / menu to enable me to hard reset my phone. Any ideas?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you connected it to a PC using USB cable or plugged in USB earphones (if you have them)?
To initiate the bootloader then it needs one of the above - I use earphones that came with my S20.

Connect USB, power off handset, then power on holding 'power' and 'volume up'. Keep Vol up held until bootloader appears.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you connected it to a PC using USB cable or plugged in USB earphones (if you have them)?
To initiate the bootloader then it needs one of the above - I use earphones that came with my S20.

Connect USB, power off handset, then power on holding 'power' and 'volume up'. Keep Vol up held until bootloader appears.
0 Likes
MickJG
Explorer
Options
Unless this beta is doing something different, then getting a S22 ultra into bootloader is just like Richmar83 has posted. You need to plug a USB cable into the S22 ultra and into a PC to 'trick' the phone into bootloader.

I'm sure it's not a trick, probably just a security measure from Samsung 🙂
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @SteGreen,

Did it work after doing what @Richmar83 suggested? And thank you @Richmar83 😊

Have a good day!

0 Likes
SteGreen
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, sorry, I've been up the wall. It worked fine, just strange it had to have headphones in to hard reset