Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your children will love to color your own photos !!!

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 01:42 PM)
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Dear parents, have fun with your children and relive a part of your childhood by coloring ...

You surely remember that, NO ?

If you like this article, do not hesitate to click on LIKE because it encourages me to continue.

Your Samsung device allows you to prepare a variety of coloring pages easily with Style

"Blue Ink"

which you will find in your Gallery and in the Samsung Photo Editor. Here is how it works:

I'll be honest with you,  if you don't want to worry at all, there is the Penup app which offers you  thousands of drawings to color . On the other hand, These drawings are impersonal and to draw on your own works, you will have to work a little!

Cassidy007_0-1636224793547.jpeg

Here is Penup, you just have to choose a drawing to color and decide to share it if that is your desire ...

Articles currently available:

Here is the list of my subjects :

• (More to come)

•  

To show you, I decided to take one of my drawings through different free apps. I think the SELECTION tool is missing in the Samsung editor and I find that very unfortunate because it would go a long way in modifying certain parts of an image that you don't want to see on the coveted design. On the other hand, you have an eraser on the new high-end devices  that might do the job!

Back on topic...

In the Samsung editor, by clicking on the 3 small dots at the top right, you will see STYLE and it is with this tool that we will make our own photos to color that you can then either print for your children to color by themselves. trusting the original photo OR you can also import them into the Penup app or you can color your photo with an S-Pen for more details.

Cassidy007_1-1636224822811.jpeg

As examples, here is the QUICK way to do it.

Open one of your photos in Samsung Photo Editor

Then click on the 3 small dots at the top right and choose Style, and choose the Blue Ink style  , you will get your photo to color, that is to say THIS:

Cassidy007_3-1636225209942.jpeg

Cassidy007_2-1636225184557.jpeg

1- click on Style and after Blue Ink

Cassidy007_4-1636225245484.jpeg

You will get this:

Cassidy007_5-1636225316520.jpeg

You just have to print it and / or import it into Penup if you have a Spen and maybe you would like to share with the rest of the planet ... This is a personal photo: Would you like to share it?

Here is another example:

Cassidy007_6-1636225344714.jpeg

and here is the original photo:

Cassidy007_8-1636223090532.jpeg

As you can see it is very easy to make your own coloring album but what happens when you find that the image created by Samsung Editor is too detailed for small children?

Take this example: 

Cassidy007_7-1636225373521.jpeg

( Owned by Warner Bros)

and let's see what the Samsung Editor can do with this kind of photo ... When I use the Samsung Editor, this is what it looks like: 

Cassidy007_8-1636225417866.jpeg

and I admit that I am not really satisfied with the result. You could of course increase the luminance, brightness and contrast as much as possible, but again, I wasn't satisfied.

Cassidy007_9-1636225506910.jpeg

Here's how I ended up doing it:  (Remember , I'm only working on COPIES) ...

( You remember I like FREE programs, so I used Krita offered by Windows Store ... I could have used GIMP and achieved the same results ...)

All I had to do was select the different dominant colors with the selector and replace them with the color WHITE with the filling boiler

Cassidy007_0-1636226464850.jpeg

which allowed me to arrive at the following result:

Cassidy007_14-1636223090530.jpeg

All I had to do was reduce it to a format quite close to printing, i.e. 3: 4. or 4: 3 with the windows editor ... it takes 2 seconds and it's over BRAVO

When you shrink an image, you will see the Format display like this:

Cassidy007_1-1636226597681.jpeg

You just have to print this image and offer it to your children for coloring 

Cassidy007_11-1636225695919.jpeg

For more advanced people, you could risk yourself on this kind of photo:

Cassidy007_12-1636225763979.jpeg

Cassidy007_13-1636225808596.jpeg

Depending on the version of your Samsung editor, you might have the following filter that does everything faster and you could switch from this to this with one click and the filter is called Sketch Effect. (I'll check back tomorrow morning after a good dozen cups of coffee if it's as easy as anything I've written before on my 2016 camera. 

Sketch effect

Cassidy007_19-1636223090539.png

Example

Cassidy007_20-1636223090555.png

But if your goal is simply to learn to draw in addition to coloring, I strongly suggest the MediBang Paint  application  which I consider easy to understand (Friendly User) and which can be installed on all platforms. It is with this app that I made my first drawing on a digital device  when I was more used to drawing on the walls of my cave being of the Stone Age Samsung  found me in a Museum talking about PreHistory

Cassidy007_14-1636225908215.jpeg

MediBang Paint

I had tried to draw the woman I love now returned to Heaven.

There you go, have fun, life is so short and the dodo is calling me. 

Good weekend 

Casidy007

PS  The  prehistory  is generally defined as the period between the appearance of humanity and the first appearance of written documents. ... Depending on the regions of the world,  Prehistory  also includes all or part of the periods following the Stone Age. (source Wikipedia)

That's  it 

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
9 REPLIES 9
Krisha112
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hey @Cassidy007 Than You for this information! 😊 I didn't know that we can turn our personal photos into coloring ones. This will be a perfect party game for us 😄

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

penup_20231002_064447.jpg

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Colored this and made it look like me holding my S22 Ultra. In real life it's in a case full time. I use Pen Up to self regulate and get thru social stuff. Helps me focus to draw and color as making me pay attention without keeping my hands busy makes me zone out and anxious. I use Pen Up in split screen or on my Note 20 5G when doing important things on my S22 Ultra so I don't have to keep changing screens. I carry both phones everywhere. 

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung and it's S pen will come in handy when I will be laid up in bed once I have surgery. I need to have my wisdom teeth out which at my age is unusual as I'm a couple weeks shy of 34. I had horrible mouth pain after having my teeth cleaned and alot of my pain and discomfort along with tiredness has been been possibly from one of the teeth that need to be pulled.  It will have to be done under sedation as it's a procedure I can't tolerate being awake for.  Mine will be pretty extensive and I have found that I get relief from severe pain just from playing with my Samsungs and their S pens. I need to call and schedule surgery,  I just haven't had a chance to just yet due to other things going on in my life.  It's hard for me to slow down right now so I really haven't taken the time to care for myself the way I probably should and I've been helping everyone else that needs my help.  I'm also worried about how painful it's going to be after because I don't do too well with mouth pain. I have better tolerance with my arthritis pain than what this might be.  I'll only be laid up for a day or two until the sedation wears off but will be limited on picking stuff up for a few weeks. I have found using Pen Up and Autodesk Sketchbook distracts me from physical pain especially when my meds don't provide enough relief.  I loved how the cameras turned out with how I colored the phone in this photo to look like an S22 Ultra.  The S Ultras are my favorite from 21 to 23 and later.  I never owned a 21U but live with someone who does.  Of course I helped them choose the prettiest one in silver.  I'm tempted to redo a version of this picture with her holding her S21U. I love the look and feel of the S Ultras and their curved screens and camera arrays are just so beautiful, so when I colored this photo with a phone in it,  I knew it had to be an S Ultra in the photo

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

penup_20231001_060553.jpg

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Here is another one I did in PenUP on my Note 20 5G. I play with my Note 20 alot. Sometimes I will leave my S22 Ultra upstairs and just use the Note 20 on wifi.  I have always been one to color on multiple colors like this and one of my art teachers hated that I made a paper mache sun in multiple colors and was so critical of my unique use of colour that she gave me a C out of anger.  My mother said it should've been an A for creativity as none was the most unique. She wasn't a very nice lady and hated my artwork because it wasn't realistic enough to her despite it being a middle school art class that was supposed to be basic fine art. I never cared and kept creating and still do.  

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

penup_1675305200528602.jpg

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

This one I had to share because of how much I love Samsung and I made this one after the S23 Ultra was released. I fixated so much on getting S23U that when it came time to upgrade, I wasn't able to get one and ended up going with S22U. I haven't given up my dream on adding the S23U to my collection at a later time,  though.  

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

I mean when the S23U was announced not released.  Watched the Galaxy Unpacked for it and fell in love with it even though I have been unable to get one for now. 

0 Likes