Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram & pics quality uploads

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 10:00 AM)
ludo360
Student
Options
Hey guys, 
This issue has been tormenting me since the beginning of my very first Galaxy. I have recently changed to S23 and I have noticed that when I take pics on 3:4 which is what I always used with S22, and upload then to IG, the quality changed drastically and IG compress my pic making it look real bad. This was not happening with S22 so I am now a bit confused on what to do and how I should shoot my photos. I really like 3:4 for IG but looks like I can't use it anymore. 
Any help? I wish samsung and IG would make this simple as it is for Apple. The cover image is s23 and the one below is s22. Same settings 3:4 but funny enough with my new phone the pics got worse 🥲

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can try turning on the setting to upload to a better quality.
It's off by default

I explained in my post how to turn in on
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/little-known-instagram-setting/td-p/6983573
0 Likes
ludo360
Student
Options
Hey thanks for the reply, I did see that post and that setting is in fact on, on my IG. I am still facing the same issue 😪
0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Are you taking a photo with the Camera app and then uploading or taking it from Instagram itself? Might be something worth testing out in terms of difference in quality?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes