Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CHEATED...PLEASE, DON'T TELL ANYBODY !!!!! SNIF.SNIF.

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 12:46 AM)
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Working on it now !  If you see any mistakes, please advertise me.

(Images in the Editor are not in English...Sorry !

PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THIS BETWEEN US...I STOLE KNOWING IT'S A SIN  Cassidy007_1-1677544259937.jpeg

But don't tell anyone because what I did was wrong:  I STOLE HIS EYES 😲

Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea grande culpa 😞

But before you condemn me, let me tell you my story  😶

For a better view, it's here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/i-cheated-please-don-t-tell-anybody-snif-snif/t...

In fact, it started like this..

For the first time in my life, I had the chance to FINALLY see a long-eared owl   and as many know, I have been devoting half my time to wildlife photography since May 2022 and it is for this reason that I don't post a lot of photos of landscapes, architectural buildings ( although it's also a passion)  and regular/daily photos like @GusB  knows how to do so well.... 

It was a beautiful day in December and I was finally able to take a hundred photos of this beautiful bird. I stood there for 2 hours and NEVER opened his eyes and that's when I gave up. 

Was I going to show, to people who follow me on Instagram, a bird with closed eyes????  Is that where I had that IMPURE thought of stealing the eyes of a wonderful photo taken by a competitor?  Of course not.

I make you a written declaration of the stages of my larceny which you could reproduce with your favorite photo editor.

First, here is the faulty photo BEFORE modifications. I reworked the motion blur (trembling), I improved the sharpness and the luminosity before working on the eyes: 

Cassidy007_15-1677544565079.jpeg

As you can see, the long-eared owl  was sleeping in my face... How rude he is 😠

To succeed, I had to BORROW the photo of my competitor which was much better than mine, I admit it ( they say that a confessed fault is half forgiven) 🙄

Cassidy007_16-1677544648340.jpeg

No, but look at those eyes 

Cassidy007_8-1677544259815.png

Here's how I did it  :

• I first opened the 2 photos in the editor (Normally I create a copy of the image by creating a new layer which I work on so as not to mess up the original but since I knew what I was going to do, I didn't need to redo it because I already had a copy.

Cassidy007_17-1677544702292.jpeg

• I then selected the rough outline of where the eye should be if it was OPEN in the first photo as in the next photo.    

Cassidy007_18-1677544748765.jpeg

You can see the selection around the eye of the 1st photo if you enlarge the photo.

Then I opened the second photo and selected the full eye and its outline as in this photo

Cassidy007_19-1677544794711.jpeg

Selection of the eye and its outline

You  can see the selection by enlarging the photo.

AND I COPIED THIS EYE.

Then I went back to my 1st pic which still showed its selection  AND I PASTED THE EYE I COPIED into the FIRST PICTURE selection and POOF, it finally had its first eye.

Cassidy007_20-1677544836252.jpeg

As you can see, you can play around with the copy of the eye until you are happy with the position and size of the eye.

Rendered at this step, you can Merge Visible Layers OR Flatten Image. If I had made a copy layer of the image, I would have had to deactivate it to do the fusion. But since I didn't make a copy ( I had already made one before doing this tutorial....

Cassidy007_21-1677544877872.jpeg

Now that the photo is flattened and that I have saved a copy of each of my actions in another file, I can repeat each of these steps in order to put the 2nd eye on it to have the final retouched photo as the final result.

Cassidy007_14-1677544260202.jpeg

That's it, I hope you enjoy this TUTO and that you understand the importance of having a good photo editor. 

Come on, say it, if I hadn't told you, you would never have known and that's the Magic of Editors with photo retouching... It's simply stunning!

This article is Copyright.

Here is the list of my subjects  by categories :

Here is a list of the main articles in photography  that will allow you to improve whether you are a beginner, an intermediate and even a Pro

Criteria and Rules for Success in Photography (Composition)   Part 1

The rule that I consider the most important is without a doubt the Rule of Thirds and if you respect this rule you will considerably improve all your photos.  

The technical side of your cameras  Part 2 

In order to be more comfortable with your camera, you need to understand the technical principles of photography. These techniques are applicable for all camera models whether Samsung, Canon,  Nikon, Olympus, Sony and all others.

If you understand the technique, you can get away with it regardless of the brand of camera and hence the importance of testing your camera in Pro Mode in order to understand the Exposure Triangle. 

How to fix failed photos or how to improve them:  Part 3

Fun things to try in your spare time:  Part 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be erased after reviewing this article

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Love the way you told this, @Cassidy007 . 😄❤️

I wouldn't have known you'd taken the eyes from another picture... until you admitted it. 

(And since May 20222? 😕)

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@AntS  wrote :

I wouldn't have known you'd taken the eyes from another picture... until you admitted it. 

Effectively, it's hard to see than i cheat even if i zoom on the picture like this :

Cassidy007_0-1677636576686.jpeg

Wildlife photography since May 20222. Do i never told you that i have a Time Machine ? (ok ok, 2022...happy ? 😛)

Other kind of photographies, only  since 1979 (Oh my god...i'm that old 😲)

Sharing our knowledge is a good way to remember our  life.

I am happy that you love the way i told people about this and i hope i would do this in the future Samsung's Editor in 20223 😇😏..

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes