Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera inconsistent

(Topic created on: 22-06-2023 11:49 AM)
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
What is with this camera man, here is a photo of towels, first one taken with 3:4 standard which makes the towel have this weird lines/chequered white lines 

Vs the exact same shot but using 50mp 3:4 

I really don't get this point and shoot inconsistent results. 

Ok, I had to edit, for some reason uploading to this, those wierd lines aren't showing. But when I go view the standard 3:4 shot in my gallery app they are still there. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What camera on what device?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be the lighting.
0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
S23 ultra mate. And the main camera on the back. 1x
0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
No chance, I wish it showed exactly on here how it is on my phone, it's weird it's only on the standard 3:4 auto shoot setting
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @kiddo8 

Are you referring to the lines/squiggles on your phone when taking pictures of patterned objects? If so, it's a moiré pattern, and it happens on a lot of cameras. It occurs when a pattern on your subject meshes with the pattern on the imaging chip of your camera, which in turn causes you to see a third separate pattern. You can avoid this by adjusting the angle of the camera/subject, or by changing the lighting.

kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
No, I took the exact same shot with the two different modes, the standard 3:4
And then the 50mp 3:4

It is only doing it in the standard 3:4 mode, its annoying you can't see it when it's uploaded on here. Those towels are red only and the view on my screen the towel has chequered white lines on the towel only on the photo that was taken with the standard 3:4 mode
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @kiddo8 ,

If you use the 1X lens, (wide angle), you can avoid the distorsion by clicking on this icon in the Photo Mode

Samsung explain it in the following images. 

How do I enable or disable Galaxy Close Focus Enhancement?

You can turn the feature on or off by selecting the close focus enhancement icon on the camera screen.

Cassidy007_0-1688773081210.jpeg

Step 1. Open the camera app and tap on the Close Focus Enhancement icon , when it shows in yellow, it is enabled.

Cassidy007_1-1688773081251.png

Step 2. Press again to turn it off.
Cassidy007_2-1688773081196.png

I hope it will help you 

Have a nice day 

Cassidy007_3-1688773081103.png

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes