Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topside info bar for HDMI connection moved to the left

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 06:30 PM)
niwtxehpa
First Poster
Options

This bar should be at the topside not on the right as seen in this pictureThis bar should be at the topside not on the right as seen in this picture

OK I have a Samsung TU7000 series TV which I have connected to my PC through HDMI and recently I am experiencing something that annoys me a lot.

My son was playing a game and suddenly called me because the game crashed so I rebooted the PC and relaunched the game but after that I noticed something very weird. The topside info bar that comes up when you press the “info” button on the remote control with information regarding screen resolution, connection, HDR support, date and time etc. has rotated 90 degrees and moved to the right side of the TV as a vertical stripe.

No matter what I’ve tried (I have even reverted back to factory settings), I can’t get the info bar to return to the normal topside position. Thing is, the info bar being on the right side makes the font size really small in order to fit into the lesser (vertical) space which makes it unreadable from the couch beating the purpose of the fast access to this information as you need to stand up and go close to the TV in order to see what's in there.

Any help on how to move the info bar back to its topside default position highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Josh C
Apprentice
Options

I just updated to 2401 firmware on my Q70T and now I have this issue also. I have also tried factory reset and such. Nothing I try works either. 

Josh C
Apprentice
Options

I guess we are the only 2 on the planet with this issue...

0 Likes
Josh C
Apprentice
Options

Seven months later and this is still the only mention I can find for this issue. No new firmware and still no fix. Buying a Sony next time I upgrade. 

samjohn75
Student
Options

I have the same thing on a 55" Q90T. I'm wondering if this some graphics setting that advertises orientation through HDMI. I couldn't find anything on my AMD 7900 XTX though.

0 Likes
samjohn75
Student
Options

Did you find a solution yet?

0 Likes
Josh C
Apprentice
Options

Nope. My TV still has the bar on the side and I have never found a solution. 

0 Likes
BeefJerky9
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue with a 55" Q70T with v2501 firmware. It started awhile back with a previous firmware version, but I don't really know when. It's weird, and it's even weirder that it only seems to happen to a small group of people.

0 Likes