Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung odyssey g5 not turning on when pc turned on

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 06:17 PM)
sakken
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung odyssey g5 (27 inches) and when I have it on 144 hertz it doesn’t turn on when I turn my laptop on (I use HDMI btw) it just stays as a black screen but I can drag my open tabs to the monitor. When it’s on 60 hertz it just turns on at the same time as my laptop and works normally. Does anyone know a fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Jolietg1
First Poster
Options

I'm literally having the exact same issue with mine. I've tried everything and i am also going back and forth with Samsung about either replacement of attempting to repair.

0 Likes
Lars W
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem, didnt find a solution. What worked for me was turning the option "auto source switch" to "on" in the system menu.

Disclaimer, i have the odyssey g5a, so i'm not sure if it works for the normal g5.

0 Likes
Odyssey-viking
First Poster
Options

Also had the same issue with my Odessey G5 32", tried what @Lars W suggested but it still wouldn't turn on. But today I think I found a solution!

What helped me was turning off the "Off timer" under "Off timer plus" in the system settings. Turning this setting to "Off" will only let the screen go to standby instead of turning of after X hours set under "Turn off after".
Hope it helps!

0 Likes
MSierraXXII
First Poster
Options

Same, I have G5 oddissey and it does not turn on when it detects input signal, samsung should release a update and allow CEC signal communication.

0 Likes
Odessy G5 issues
First Poster
Options
  • As a consumer of Samsung its not surprising to expect flaws in their products and be disappointed with them, after buying an Odessy G5 27 inch monitor I've experienced a lot of issues with this product . The monitor consistently shuts off than turns back one, or turns of completely with 'auto switch source off' whenever I play FPS based games such as Minecraft and Valorant, I've tested with a different monitor and it worked fine. The screen of the monitor is slowly peeling of the frame, at some point it could eventually fall out of the frame. I've tried contacting the 3rd party website i bought from PC CASE GEAR for a warranty and still haven't received a response from in a week. Over all I am disgusted with the quality of the product, SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES IN THE FUTURE AND ALSO WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET MY WARRANTY REPLACEMENT.
  •  
  • Screen coming off
  • WIN_20230218_19_59_51_Pro.jpg
0 Likes