Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey g7 strange bar

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 05:46 PM)
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

Getting this really strange bar on my monitor every now and again. Already had the mainboard replaced once and I really can't afford it to be out for warranty claim again as I don't have a replacement.

Anyone seen anything like this? Generally when this happens it's turning off but sometimes requires a mains power off to get it working again.

Happens with either hdmi or displayport sources.

20211229_182032.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What have you got connected via USB? Try moving whatever is connected to ports on your PC or laptop for now and see if the issue stops. It may just be the connected device has a compatibility issue triggering the port failure message on screen in the red section
0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

But this has never happened before and I haven't introduced any new usb appliances. I've had this monitor for a year and a bit and there is no reference to anything like this.

Also it's completely sporadic about when this displays i.e not when I just plug in one device or another. I'm not using any USB connected to the monitor.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Then there's a board fault again as you suspect unfortunately
0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

Right well that's terrible. I can't get my replacement monitor for a few months as it's in storage under the rest of our house stuff.

Do I need to just report this as a fault?

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, I would also mention your predicament and say it's not the first time it's happened. Ask for a replacement to be sent out with your monitor collected by the courier that brings the new one. It's worth a shot
0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

They don't care. They didn't do it the first two times, just left me without anything to use for about 14 days in total. They know there are issues with these monitors and didn't even do anything the first time around they just said it was fine. I'll badger on after flashing some new firmware. I genuinely regret the investment I made as soon as it started to go wrong a few weeks after purchase but can't do anything now since it's 18 months at least since I bought it

0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

ya the products break, they make it impossible/extremely expensive to repair and just add to all the consumer waste in the hopes that people will still invest in the products. I have a similar issue with mine and im still waiting to get it repaired, but the customer service, like the QA is awful as of late...

0 Likes
Mdb800
Student
Options

I am now having the same issue; was there any resolution?

0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options
Think this might have gone away with the latest firmware and display drivers
0 Likes