Did you mean: 

Odyssey G7 locked at 60Hz on Windows

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 03:06 PM)
David Gray
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 LS28AG700N.

On Windows 10, the system shows 60Hz as the maximum refresh rate.

With FreeSync Premium Pro enabled, I see that current current refresh rate is 144Hz.

With FreeSync Premium Pro disabled, in the monitor settings I can set the refresh rate to 144Hz, but Windows 10 still show 60Hz as maximum value.

With another monitor (not a Samsung one), I can enable FreeSync and set 144Hz in the system settings.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
David Gray
First Poster
Options

OK, I found the issue: I have a RX590, and this graphic card doesn't have Display Stream Compression (DSC).

So, I am limited to 4K@60Hz.

0 Likes
thugcaesar
First Poster
Options

I have the  LS28AG700N as well and NVidia3080 GPU when I set display to 4k i am limited to 60 FPS with HDMI and 30 with DP1, I am suppose to get 144FPS  but i cannot solve this issue I have been looking on the net for days please help 

0 Likes
Hanosh
First Poster
Options

I managed to resolve this for all you out there also having a problem with this!

All you have to do is make a new costume resolution with the same native res so :2560x1440 but where it says refresh rate simply type 240. And after you have finalized the costume resolution just go to your  1440p res and you will be able to use 240hz :smiling-face: 

Note: im using a 2080ti so there might be some problems with older Gpus im not sure.

Drizzay
First Poster
Options

thanks hanosh. totally crazy that that's the solution. now the question is how do you know you're really seeing 240 Hz. faith iguess.

0 Likes
Xnet
First Poster
Options

You have to set in on the monitor's menu (press the button below). 

0 Likes
klaudele
First Poster
Options

you can use testufo, it's a refreshrate benchmark website and it tells you exactly what your monitor outputs, also has lots of other tests like fps comparison, stutter, ghosting, fading and so on...

0 Likes