Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woken in the night

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 02:53 PM)
Doug_F
Apprentice
Options

I've got a new X-cover5. I charged it to 40% at lunchtime then plugged it in again overnight. In the middle of the night it made a persistent warning noise. The screen was full of small text that began "unplug the charger immediately" so I did that and the message disappeared, and the noise stopped. I'm aware that overheating can be a problem so I felt the phone and it was not hot. What can I do to avoid being waken up again?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe try not to charge it all night. Or for as long
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
Also you mention a new case I would pick something hat is protective but breathable.
Also phones always heat up when charging but that's only when they are being used.
0 Likes
Doug_F
Apprentice
Options

Thanks but you misunderstand. I don't have a case   X-cover is Samsung's name for this model of phone.

My real question is, why does it wake me up to tell me to unplug the charger when it's only 65% full and it isn't hot? 

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Is it a genuine Samsung charger? I'd be checking its authenticity first, then get Samsung to take a look at your phone.
0 Likes
Doug_F
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it's the charger that came with the phone.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
If you have another appliance that you can charge through it, give that a go, to see if a new appliance has a charging fault. If all is well, then it would point to a phone fault.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
True, nothing should be left charging overnight while you sleep. It's asking for trouble especially if it's on a bedside table near you and catches fire. If the flames don't get you the fumes will.
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
Ah ok sorry I did misinterpret the question. Maybe the battery reader is broken so it's over charging but the phone doesn't know how? I'm not too sure
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
Yup I charge in the morning and evening. Not that I need to. I just have to charge it to 100 for some reason.🤨🤨🤔🤫
0 Likes