Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

With a Note 4 or an S5 or an S6 is there a way I can see the path to a file?

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 03:00 PM)
Sean-Mck
Explorer
Options

When I, on an S6, open "storage"  or "myfiles" I can see, in "documents", certain .txt files written to somewhere by an App but I can not see a path to any of those files. I was struggling to find them when the phone was connected, via USB, to a windows laptop and ended up having to bluetooth them to the laptop.  So although I now have the files on my laptop I would still like to know if it is possible to see the path to a given file.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @Sean-Mck 

you may install "Files by Google" app from Play Store and use it as a file manager alternatively

this may give you the path under details option

thanks  :dog-face:

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Sean-Mck
Explorer
Options

I'll have a look, ta.

Sean-Mck
Explorer
Options

Files by google = bingo! Ta.

path = /storage/emulated/0/xyz/abc/qwerty.

I also ended up sorting out another problem whilst investigating this one, the laptop would only see the phone when I set the USB connection mode to PTP, it reminded me of tmy not being able to get bluetooth connections to the laptop with my S5 & note 4 and that required the manual installing of a driver. Based on that I ended up getting the laptop to instal a driver that allows MTP? USB connections. Following that I can see the files I was looking for where they are supposed to be.

Many thanks.

I will now have a look and see what I can see or find out about the above path under windows.

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Thats great thank you
0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Thats great. Hope its all ok for you now
0 Likes