Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired headphone buttons stopped working

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 11:49 AM)
Members_rfXbcdA
Apprentice
Options

I have an A52S and Supra Headphones Nero. Worked for months.

Suddenly the wired heaphone buttons (play and volume up/down) stopped working. Maybe after an update.

The Supra buttons work on other Android phones. Tried other headphones on the A52S and the play button works. It is just the Supra Nero the buttons not working any more on the A52S.

I have tried safe mode and delete cache. The phone is updated.

Will not factory reset.

Tried several music/video apps that have been working but no buttons on the Supra Nero headset work on the A52S.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Members_rfXbcdA
Apprentice
Options

It is even more strange.

After reading several similar posts I tried the loopback test (phone dial *#0283# ).

The E/P does not light up ("Please insert Earphone") when my earphones are plugged in. The same result if I plug in a 3.5mm extension cord that is plugged in to my earphones. But if I just plug in the 3.5mm extension cord the E/P test lights up and I can then plug in my earphone to the extension cord and the buttons on my earphone works... But only then. This method works also with the media players installed on the phone.

I have no idea what is going on.

0 Likes
Members_rfXbcdA
Apprentice
Options

Even more tests.

The new operating system has "Media output" that I open.

When plugging in the headset directly "Media output" says "headphone" is connected and the mic works, but not the buttons on the headset.

When plugging in the headset to a 3.5mm extension cord "Media output" says "headset" is connected and the mic doesn't work, but the buttons on the headset works.

It is a bad system update 😕

0 Likes
meme207
First Poster
Options
Did you ever fix it?
0 Likes