Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will galaxy s8 ever recive oreo 8.1?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2018 11:03 AM)
FERNEEX
Pathfinder
Options

Dose anyone think that there. Might be a chance of receiving 8.1 what are your thoughts 

PF
10 REPLIES 10
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Hahaha yes it should do @FERNEEX but the real question is when? 😜

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options

I think end of summer or by Xmas we will get 8.1 then it will be time for Android 9.0.

And the wait for that could be 18 months away the speed Samsung works at. 

FERNEEX
Pathfinder
Options

When 😂  that's the question

PF
Private1
Student
Options
Updated wish I hadn't lost all app notification badges even tho selected on all apps Samsung tell me that us the way. 😔
0 Likes
Omar-Os
Journeyman
Options

June-2018

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
HI @FERNEEX

There isn't any news right now about the availability of Android 8.1 on the Galaxy S8. I'd recommend enabling Automatic Updates on your device and this way any updates will be downloaded as and when they are released by your network.
0 Likes
S7Owner
Explorer
Options

Chances are pretty slim. S7 line never seen 7.1,  my phone still running 7.0.  Samsung does not think that its customers need OS updates.

0 Likes
Omar-Os
Journeyman
Options

That's becuase all 7.1 features were in the software of Samsung of 7.0 so there was no need to release it.
The same was for the S8.
But with 8.1 it's a diffirent story, There is a 90% chance that it will release in June, if not in a week!

0 Likes
Maik5
Apprentice
Options

Ich glaube  das für  s8 Version  8.1 mit dem s9 zusammen  kommen  nur unterschiedliche Tagen  nicht  am DIN gleichen  Tagen    aber es kann aber auch  sein das s8   erstmal  noch Kleinigkeiten  von Update gibt  bevor  8.1  für  s8 verfüg bar  sein wird      bevor  es noch mehr von Fehlern  kommen   oder Probleme  deswegen wird das dauern   und deswegen   schweigt  Samsung  erstmal  um seine  Kunden  nicht noch mehr  auf die Spanne  zu ziehen   die haben  genug  Stress   damit  

0 Likes