Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi issues samsung galaxy note 8

(Topic created on: 14/10/17 23:07)
Ekko
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi has anyone else experienced problems with wifi? I know it's not my router as everything else on my Internet connection works fine. I noticed the issue started after a software upgrade.... I did reset the network settings which helped to some extent but still having problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Ekko

What software update was it ?

What issues are you experiencing ?

Apart from what you’ve done thus far have you performed any further troubleshooting?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Ekko
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20171015-065934.jpg

Hi this is the update info. It requested a new update as soon as I set the phone up. It's brand new. The issue was that the WiFi would not connect even though I turned of the router forgot the WiFi etc. The settings I reseted was under general management reset network settings and I thought the problem is solved. However when on Skype for example the Internet connection is dropping the speed significantly. I haven't done any other troubleshooting. I know it's the phone as mu old note 4 works perfectly fine so does my partners phone etc... Thanks! 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

My suggestion then is to either take it back to the provider of the phone and if within the cooling off period request a replacement or if your out of any cooling off period visit a Samsung Experience Store. 

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Ekko
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks. That's just it I already done that and this is the replacement they gave me. Same issue. I contacted Samsung directly so hopefully they can advise me if it is the update causing the problem. When I googled the issue it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. Will see thanks for your  replies..... 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

You’re Welcome and best of luck with this 

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Justaguy
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Had an issue with my note 8.  WiFi connecting it would connect and disconnect immediately.  Not sure this is the same issue with your phone. Turned out it had nothing to do with my wifi router but rather Verizon security software that had flagged my wifi as insecure, and blocked it. As soon as I removed it from the blocked list, BAM! It worked.  Hope this helps..

0 Likes