Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WiFi issue after s7 oreo update

(Topic created on: 19-08-2018 07:39 AM)
Rebkayskye
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I updated the system update 3 days ago and since then I have had issues staying connected to WiFi. I'm constantly getting an exclamation mark next to the WiFi icon and it dips or lags every few minutes  The same happened to my partner's s7 when he updated the day after. Did a quick Google search and this has been a common theme for months. Anyone else having this problem? 

70 REPLIES 70
clipbored
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I wish this gets fixed in a future update.

0 Likes
Miked0323
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes S8s are fine. I have exact same issue with my S7 and there are no fixes, besides getting a new phone. My wifes S8 has no problems. We updated same week same house.

SAMSUNG!! What is the fix for OREO and S7s??

0 Likes
clipbored
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This problem seems to be fixed now - at least for me. A little over a week ago I received the August security updates and after that I haven't had any wifi problems.

0 Likes
Simoore
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Having same issue hub3
0 Likes
MirrorMirage
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This is the only solution which has worked for me . Changing the WIFI from AES to TKIP .

Heard that Oreo 8.1.0 has some kind of fix for it. Hoping Samsung acknowledges the issue and releases a patch soon.

Must change the habit of clicking "update now", whenever samsung prompts - new security fixes available.

0 Likes
pussyglider
Student
Options
Other Smartphones
The same with my s7. It was perfect until last update. I think those fkers want people to buy new phones.
0 Likes
pussyglider
Student
Options
Other Smartphones
Oreo update was fine, it was the hotfix that came few weeks ago
0 Likes
Stevemjrichards
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This is the case for both my wife and I who have the same phone purchased at the same time and the problem stated Steve the same time.  I can't say whether it it was Oreo as it seemed to me linked to the approaching end of 48 month contract. Its not the router as nothings changed and all other devices work faultlessly. Am I being sceptical or is this a subtle method to get us to look at new phones? Anyone with the problem had the phone less than 18 months for example?

0 Likes
Nickthepick
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have been havng ongoing wifi issues with my s7 edge where the wifi stays connected but the internet disconnects.  The only way I can get it to work is by turning wifi on and off.   I have found out that turning off the 5ghz band off on my SH3 seems to fix the problem for now.

0 Likes
GrahamL
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Ive been having  a similar problem with my Wifi on my S7 edge. The exclamation mark keeps appearing next to the wifi icon and the Wifi is seldom usable.

All my other devices are working fine with the wifi in my house. 

Ive been to the samsung support centre and they say there is nothing wrong with my phone after diagnostic testing.

Yet still my wifi only occaisionally connects and when it does its normally not long before the exclamation mark appears.

Can anyone help???

0 Likes