Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WiFi issue after s7 oreo update

(Topic created on: 08-04-2019 04:53 PM)
Rebkayskye
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I updated the system update 3 days ago and since then I have had issues staying connected to WiFi. I'm constantly getting an exclamation mark next to the WiFi icon and it dips or lags every few minutes  The same happened to my partner's s7 when he updated the day after. Did a quick Google search and this has been a common theme for months. Anyone else having this problem? 

70 REPLIES 70
Stevemjrichards
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I've also found a friend at work had the same issue with his S7 (not edge). His is out of contract and he's getting a new one as a fix. I'm happy with mine, it's just 1 year old.

0 Likes
JEYs7
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Is there a fix out for S7edge? I have tried everything.  

Samsung what are you doing about this? My phone says it has the latest update. I rely on the wifi at home for baby monitor etc....

Not happy!!! 

0 Likes
Stevemjrichards
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Spoke to Google and they say it's a Samsung problem, they should know their phone and how to fix it. Trapped contacting Samsung over their messaging service and was supposed to get email suggesting a fix. Never arrived. It's 100% not a hardware issue and for a company like Samsung it would takes no time to fix this bug IF they wanted to. Feels like they're ok with it to me.
0 Likes
marian1986
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

the problem is from modem setings . go to modem setings and disable 2.4 gh . 

0 Likes
Stevemjrichards
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Not sure if you mean on the modem itself or the phone. Bottom line is the phone needs to accept 2.4 as that's whats used most of the time. For that reason I don't consider that a fix worth trying... might be worth Samsung looking into though if you think the S7 struggles with 2.4 wifi. I recently had an Oreo update and its been a lot more stable to be honest. Its not completely fixed but its been much better than what I had which was unbearable.

0 Likes
Nickthepick
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

If your router gives a 2.4 and 5 ghz signal, try turning the 5 ghz off.  I dlid this on my Virgin superhub 3 and the problem went away.  I'm sure the issue stems from a software issue relating to handling dual band wifi connections operating off the same ssid.

0 Likes
marian1986
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

for me is working verry well , when i try to enable 2.4 gh i have the same problem

0 Likes
pussyglider
Student
Options
Other Smartphones

Have other devices running 2.4Ghz... I should throw away 3 laptops and smart box because my shttsung doesn't work properly??? Also why  I should disable functions on my router?? Other 5Ghz mobile devices I have, doesn't show any wifi problems. Ive already ordered new Huawei pro and will never buy shttsung again.  I've had 3 Oreo updates since wifi problem started, none solved the problem.  Samsung doesn't care about old phone range,  they only want to sell more and more pollutting the planet,   that's all they care about. 

0 Likes
takeiteasy11
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I haven't had issues connecting, but I have noticed the download speed has dropped after the oreo update. I used to be able to download at 100 mbps which was my max. I didn't check it for a while and when I did the best I could get was 60 - 70 mbps. I haven't done anything else to my network and my wife's LG G5 makes full speed with no problem. 

0 Likes
S7UserPro
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

fix 1

hack the old rom ( u wont get it in samsung site ) and extract the ild wifi setup, inject it, into the oreo update through adb

done, wifi will work great

fix 2 ( official ) get a new phone.

0 Likes