Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi Calling App Recommendations for S7

(Topic created on: 22-08-2017 03:49 PM)
oliveoylgb
Journeyman
Options

Hi there

Sooooo apparently I now need to find a suitable app that allows me to do Wifi Calling as Samsung have decided to remove this facility from unlocked handsets.  Can anyone offer any advice for a simple to use app, that works in the UK and allows me to make and receive calls.  (I've missed too many calls now its madness!!)

Many thanks and happy Tuesday :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OliveOyl :smiling-face:
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May I ask which UK network you use @oliveoylgb ?

Really your Network should push out a carrier update. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
oliveoylgb
Journeyman
Options

Hello again BoB thanks for your posts the other week - this pain I have is never ending, I'm on 3.  I've spoken to them today and they have confirmed that this is something that Samsung have blocked in their nougat update.  I'm tired of going round and round and round and getting nowhere 😞

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @oliveoylgb

I've been pretty heavily involved in people having similar issues on Vodafone UK and it's turned out in some cases not to be Nougat but at Vodafones end. Some have turned off Calling Over WiFi in their Network App. In this case myvodafone and in the phones settings and then pushing Customer Services to make sure it's enabled or even turn it Off and re enable and then after a period of 24 hours then turned calling over WiFi back on in their Network App and phones settings. 

0 Likes
oliveoylgb
Journeyman
Options

Well it's all ***** as far as I'm concerned 😟 any suggestions on Wi-Fi calling apps then BoB ?? :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Sirrah
Student
Options

3 have their own app call Three in Touch.  Works perfectly on my S8 running Android 7.0 and with my previous S7.

0 Likes
Suzanne45
First Poster
Options

Try TUGO what I gota use now, srill muss called then say 5 hrs later my phones says like the terminator hence getn back last of calls txts  the net emails etc where I live top of a hill nitemare.no Wi-Fi outside what so ever ridiculous yet brother with virgin 4 bars no probs etc..siri u having trouble.. 😉

SUZANNE 

0 Likes
Suzanne45
First Poster
Options

S7 WITH free update Nougat 7!
With 02 had nothing but probs since free update..😔😔😧😧😢

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Suzanne45 wrote:

S7 WITH free update Nougat 7!
With 02 had nothing but probs since free update..😔😔😧😧😢

Performing a system cache clear can help with a phone glitching after a firmware update. 

That and backing up and a factory reset. 

Unfortunatley if a network feature has been lost then the Network needs to push out a Carrier Update. 

What I must point out is the new firmwares are sent to the Network first for testing before being released to owners. 

The Network then sign off on the firmware to Samsung when there happy that nothing will clash on their Network. 

Samsung then send it out. 

0 Likes
oliveoylgb
Journeyman
Options

Thanks I'll have a look, tried Three in Touch but doesnt work on my work on my work wifi 😞

0 Likes