Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling O2 UK

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 09:33 PM)
YROVI
Apprentice
Options
I updated my S10 Lite to Android 11 about 3 weeks ago, Wi-Fi calling worked fine and consistent on Android 10. Not since I updated, it worked few hours than disappeared. I reset the phone, worked again, than disappeared.  I received a new updated, this time worked a little longer about half a day. I even ordered a new sim from O2. Same issue. Spoke to Samsung, they said is O2 who provides the service. Spoke to O2 , they said is Samsung which has software issues, because it worked fine on Android 10. Now every one blames the other . I did all the things possible to rule out . I did a soft reset and hard reset multiple times, I wiped cache few times, with and without sim card. I am running out of solutions, as my network signal in not great where I live, so I rely on Wi-Fi calling.  
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi YROVI - there are numerous posts on here regarding this - if you do a search for " Wi Fi Calling " there might be some suggestions / info that might help you
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone that's not on Android 11 @YROVI 

We have seen from others that Calling Over Wi-Fi has glitched but that's usually in connection to the network needing to sometimes send an OTA configuration to reset up the service.

Calling Over Wi-Fi is driven by your sim card so your phone will only use the feature if your sim card / network push it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
YROVI
Apprentice
Options
I am coming with an update. After about 6 calls to O2, they deactivate the service, left it off for 2 days, then reactivated. did a network reset and now works. . hopefully more than few days
0 Likes