Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why are Samsung charging me £195 to fix an old phone?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 03:04 PM)
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy S8+ I know its out of warranty. but have been using Samsung since the S2 back in early 2000's. I figured as a gesture of good will they would repair the problem that they caused in a firmware update. The colours have gone and look washed out. Yet the repair charge is £195 if i decline its 18 quid just to get my phone back unfixed. What the hell Samsung?  You broke my phone and want to charge me to repair it? It was a firmware update and next day I check it, the colours and blacks look faded.

I bet you any money, they replaced my battery with an almost dead one, I hardly used that phone too , battery should be good for another 2 years.

Today they have lost a customer for life, I am no longer buying their phones enough is enough.

0 Likes
Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

They charging me £195 and I declined but still charging me £18 to get my phone back un-repaired. Pathetic for a company that treats their long term customers like this.

0 Likes
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

I'm with you m8, it is time to change sadly. Goodbye Samsung.

0 Likes
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

There was nothing wrong with my screen, the problem lies with firemware update, after they updated it, then it broke,  my phone was working fine before, the colour faded in the software is Samsung fault!. Firmware's can break hardware did you know?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You have to decide if repairing is worth it, but my previous repairs the repair sheet says replace new battery
0 Likes
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

There is no deciding, I'm poor I spent all my money on Samsung phones my whole life. In a crazy economy too and inflation, they have the audacity to charge that much for a repair for a good customer that has been with them years since early 2011's and before, when S2 first came out, and before that the Samsung slide button phone I forget the name.

Bottom line is, this is what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you. I no longer am giving Samsung food.

0 Likes
CochesePL
Student
Options

New or old model it is still a flagship model and has OLED screen assembly.  My wife had a screen replaced on her S8+ few moths ago , she paid £179 ( with Oem screen ) 

https://hexcs.com/phone-repairs/samsung-repairs-edinburgh/

0 Likes