Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why are Samsung charging me £195 to fix an old phone?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 10:20 PM)
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy S8+ I know its out of warranty. but have been using Samsung since the S2 back in early 2000's. I figured as a gesture of good will they would repair the problem that they caused in a firmware update. The colours have gone and look washed out. Yet the repair charge is £195 if i decline its 18 quid just to get my phone back unfixed. What the hell Samsung?  You broke my phone and want to charge me to repair it? It was a firmware update and next day I check it, the colours and blacks look faded.

I bet you any money, they replaced my battery with an almost dead one, I hardly used that phone too , battery should be good for another 2 years.

Today they have lost a customer for life, I am no longer buying their phones enough is enough.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
On repairs they usual replace battery with a new one, I know its not what you want to hear but it's true

0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
The phone is pretty out of date, they want £129 what do they need to repair ?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think the replace the main board and screen usually, as everything integrated its the only way
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
They should have sent an itemised bill saying what needed to be replaced, for a phone that is 4 years old that's not to bad if it is what needs to be replaced
0 Likes
Solution
Midge123
Voyager
Options
The repair centre for samsung is a rip off merchant I would not trust them 1 bit and samsung doesn't care about their customers they allow it to happen I have been a customer for years and I have samsung s20 ultra and when it brakes down I might change phone's to another supplier
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I'm not affiliated with this company, try out a company called (ismash) & see how much they would charge to replace the screen, they are pretty good & very fast, depending on the parts they can return your phone back the same day or the next.
It's always good to have more than one option.
They are also authorised by Samsung to use original parts.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately with main board/screen replacement will  not be insignificant (even for older devices)  I have checked and if a  Screen Replacement was required  ismash  seem to charge £249.  https://www.ismash.com/collections/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-repairs 

Just to mention whilst not take the case with this company an  unauthorised repair would invalidate warranty (if it was applicable).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

Proof please? I just have a feeling they are scamming us. Afterall they wanted me to pay nearly 200 quid for repairing an old phone when I could buy a new one for that price. Really repairing at Samsung feels like a scam. I don't think I will ever buy their phone again after today.

0 Likes
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

Ah mate they want nearly 200 quid to repair it not 129. It was a firmware update that they put out, since then my phones colour has faded, there was no scratches or problems with anything else, no superficial damages, never dropped the phone once.

It was supposed to be a backup phone, I been buying Samsung phones all my life, figured they would really do me a solid as a gesture of good will for spending £4,000+ on all the phones combined. Yet this is how they treat valuable customers?

0 Likes