Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy a genuine OEM battery for a Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 04:43 PM)
noisey
First Poster
Options

I can't see anything on the website, the support lines/webchat are always busy, and searching just shows cheap eBay/Amazon counterfeits. I'm after a replacement that won't fail after a few months as it looks a lot of work to replace.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarlH
Options

Hi @noisey , hope all is well. As the S8 is a sealed unit, the batteries aren't sold separately, though an engineer can replace the battery if necessary. I can go through some troubleshooting steps if you like? 

noisey
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. I've actually got everything I need to replace the battery plus front and rear glass (which have both seen better days). I'm very comfortable doing it and it wouldn't be economically worthwhile getting an official Samsung repair - I'd be better just put that substantial cost towards a new phone. However, the S8 still does everything I need it to and I *hate* throw-away consumer culture, so really just want to replace the battery myself. It doesn't need any troubleshooting - the battery's just getting pretty old and losing capacity.

0 Likes