Support

Open search

When will I get Nougat?

Highlighted
First Poster

When my device S7 edge will get nougat update . 

112 REPLIES 112
Highlighted
Pathfinder

No its not a punishment. 

The firmware is sent out in batches / stages to the phones.

Some people are a little unimpressed that users who bought from a Network have received the update before them. 

Personally I'm more interested in receiving the latest security patch that's sent along with Nougat. 

Not that I'm not wanting any of the enhancements 7.0 brings too. 

My version of MM is stable so I'm good right now with that. 

My Current Phone > Samsung Galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F. {XEU}
Highlighted
Apprentice

What annoys me is that I bought my phone from a Samsung shop, not realising at the time that this was actually a carphone warehouse outlet. As far as I am concerned, this was fraud. Nowhere did a see any sign saying this was actually a carphone warehouse and that the devices being sold did not have the Samsung "original" ROM but some special carphone warehouse XEU version which would have to wait for updates (if indeed they ever come). I have not had a security update for 4 months now let alone nougat. Will never buy ANY Samsung product again!

Highlighted
Pathfinder

I didn't notice until I was handed the invoice for the phone which has the Cpw logo on it. At that point I wasn't worried and am still not. 

XEU isn't a special cpw csc code. The posts preceding this explain it's an unlocked variant. 

I've read that some people who bought from CPW received a phone with the BTU code so it maybe the luck of the draw. 

I agree it isn't clear in the Samsung Experience Store that they are Cpw. The staff even walk around with Samsung logo polo shirts on. 

Staff in the actual Cpw stores aren't eager to tell you the Samsung shop up the road is them either. 

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Nougat 7.0 now downloading on my version of s7 edge. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Thank you BandOfBrothers,  I checked updated and they are indeed available.

Now I even more angry at Samsung - to get available firmare into my phone I installed windows on my Mac Book Air over this weekend - that was a wasted effort...

But anyway, appart from that, it is a great news for many people.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Thank you for the heads up :) - downloading now
Highlighted
Apprentice

Just downloaded.Starting to install.

SM-G930 XEU

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes available here too.

Highlighted
Explorer