Did you mean: 

Original topic:

VPN Connection Unsuccessful With IPSec IKEv2 RSA

(Topic created on: 23-11-2017 10:03 PM)
Krypton
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have recently setup a VPN server using Windows Server 2012. It uses the IKEv2 tunnel and uses machine certificates for authentication (it does not use username and passwords).

When I install a certificate on my windows laptop, I can connect to my VPN perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever.

However, if I install the same certificate on my Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0, I am greeted with the "Unsuccessful" message whenever I try to connect. I can't seem to find out what the problem is - if anyone knows a fix then I'd be greatly appreciated if you could let me know how.

I know this issue isn't due to poor server configuration because it works perfectly fine on my computers however it's just not working on my phone.

I know it's quite vague what the problem is - the Galaxy S7 does not give you an error code or something when it fails. Prehaps someone could tell me how to view the logs if necessary for you guys to find me a solution to my problem as well?

Thanks everyone

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ahtoh
First Poster
Options

I also have issues with IPsec IKEv2 RSA VPN connection on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 7)

It connects just fine but some sites work fine and some won't open.

0 Likes