Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice recorder and camera

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 08:18 PM)
LordEli
Student
Options

I want to be able to use my phone to record wildflowers.  I can record my description or use the camera but I need to do both.  Each time I switch to camera I have to start a new voice recording ...it must be possible to pause recording while I take a photograph and then return to the same voice recording?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It works as you expect on my 4S using the built-in voice recorder and camera app with default settings - so please, what phone, which Android version and apps do you use?

The voice recorder app is allowed to use background battery per default, and it displays a notification in order to stay alive when it's not in the foreground.

-- 

Hans

LordEli
Student
Options

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.  I am using S7 edge.  Very frustrating to have to open a new voice recording each time I take a photograph.  I guess I could use video and pause between images.....

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Samsung's Voice Recorder is reliable on my phone, also in the background and under lock screen. Further troubleshooting is up to you.
There's good advice by @AntS in the Smartphone App Troubleshooting Tip Thread.

* Always backup your stuff before troubleshooting.

Some Android versions require some apps to be set as Not optimised in the battery settings in order for the app to work in the background and under lock screen.
Long-press the particular app's icon on the start screen and select App info in the pop-up menu for easier access to the app's settings.

Regarding the workflow for your project I suggest focus on the end result.
Is it for personal records, for a website/blog, to be printed on paper or ..?

A Notes app could be useful, maybe, but at the risk of growing into some unmanageable Gigabytes over time when it has to hold hundreds of photos and voice recordings.
It's important that it backs up somewhere and can be accessed outside the phone - both Microsoft OneNote and Ǵoogle Keep sync notes to the cloud and can be accessed in a web browser on a PC.

I hope you get it sorted out.

--
Hans

0 Likes
Victor0412
Apprentice
Options

I am use the S20 FE.

How to set the apps (voice recorder or somewhere else) so that the recorder will not pause when I switch to take a photo using the camera.

0 Likes