Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virus protection

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 06:53 PM)
Lyzbeth
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I'm new to this, can anyone help or advise me. I have just run a scan through device maintenance, it had a drop down if you wanted ultimate protection, i was under the impression you couldn't have 2 virus protections on 1 device, or is it something different would I still only have 1 virus protection. I am so confused thank you 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Lyzbeth  yes you can have a few protection services, however there are different views on this.  Personally I think that if you do  not go outwith the  Google  and Galaxy stores and have regular security updates  then Knox and the protection   offered by the Play store/Samsung  is sufficient.  Though you may choose to use it if you want to be super cautious.

Some information here : https://insights.samsung.com/2020/06/18/do-i-need-antivirus-software-on-my-smartphone-2/ 

Thread on Anti Virus here too https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/new-to-samsung-and-android-do-i-need-antivirus... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lyzbeth
Apprentice
Options
Thank you James, i will check those links, thanks for the advice
GameSam
First Poster
Options

If we compare free virus protection systems and paid ones, then of course paid ones are much better and really protect, when the issue of protecting your data is being decided, how to save money for me is generally stupid

0 Likes
Lyzbeth
Apprentice
Options
Thank you GameSam, I am of the same reasoning as you, i just didn't know if I had caused my own problems by having 2 on my phone. That was my reason for asking for help. Thanks for the advice
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
I've never had virus on android 😳 never even seen one! I don't want mcfee stealing my data and slowing slowing my phone..

Noo thanks never needed it!!
Lyzbeth
Apprentice
Options
thanks Bradleigh, seems like the consensus is don't add a virus protector as Samsung's own which is run by McAfee is sufficient
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
More than welcome, mine is turned off actually as I dont use it & never have and never will, my phone asks me to confirm downloads, it also advices me to not install APK files, I have full control over my s20 so never needed it. also like I said Mcafee is terrible I hate it on PC's and laptops
Lyzbeth
Apprentice
Options
thanks Bradleigh that's the phone i am thinking of getting the A20e it looks a good phone thanks for your help and advice take care
0 Likes
CougarGreybeard
First Poster
Options
I use Sophos Intercept X, having used Sophos professionaly for over 20 years, I find it frustrating it is not recognised and continues to declare my phone is at risk!
0 Likes