Support

Open search

Video player app on S8

Highlighted
Apprentice

The smart view option has disappeared from the menu on the video player. Is there anyway to set it back? I am unable to play/stream videos to my Smart TV. Thanks for your help in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Poster

Yes if you bring down the  control panel where the WiFi Bluetooth Celuar shortcuts etc is you will find smart view make sure this is triggered, then play a video and in the top right corner select the 3 dots then touch share and it will have the option to view content on smart TV

Highlighted
Hi, thanks for the advice. I will be trying this. I just wanted to know if you was able to cast to your smart TV whilst streaming a video from the Internet from the solution you have suggested?
Highlighted
Hi no problem unfortunately you can't if your streaming from a browser, however there are some streaming sites that will prompt which app you would like to view the video with and then you can stream it from there. I would also reccomnend downloading VCL player and MX player from Google Play. Which will support most video formats. Hope this helps

Thanks,
Highlighted

Hi, it seems that the smart  view option on the menu, looks for devices the are capatable with screen mirroring (certain Samsung smart TV and chrome cast). I have another work around whilst streaming an video from an app, I am able to cast to my TV using the All cast app. I was able to use the default video player which allowed me to do this. I'm guessing with the recent round of updates for the Samsung apps has resulted in the video player removing this functionality. Which is a bit crap really as I have to install 3rd party apps.

Thanks for you advice, it's much appreciated. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Please let me know if there is a solution to this- its been driving me mad..i can understand why you would remove smething that worked perfectly and suddenly gone. Its been really frustrating!

Highlighted

I have Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8. Yesterday I was straming a movies from my Note 8 to my Samrt TV and the movie was playing perfectly even when I opened another app the movie kept playing, and  then I wented to leave and take my phone and my mom wanted to keep watching the movie, so I tried to put the movie on my Galaxy S8 and play it from there. the problem with the S8 that the smart view icon doesn't appear on the screen when I plaied the Samsung  defult movie app and the only way to turn it on was to go to the control pannel and turned it on, but when I turned it on the straming was diffrent than my Note 8. The phone was mirroring exactly what I was doing on the phone and when the phone slept the screen became black. So I don't know if it is a software issue or there is something in the setting I need to fix. 

Top Liked Authors