Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Very faint vertical line on screen

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 02:19 PM)
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I've just noticed a line, very faint, sort of pink, vertically down the screen of my Note 8.

It's about two thirds across from the left and about 1mm wide. It doesn't quite go top to bottom.

It's actually hard to see most of the time but is more noticeable on white backgrounds.

Not sure how to add a picture of the screen capture on here

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @marc-knuckle.

Could you try a hardware test on the phone? Dial *#0*# and a screen will appear with options. Tap, Green, Red, Blue and Black. Does the line still show in the individual colours?

marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I struggled to see it on red so i think it blended in. Green and blue still showed it very faint but like a slightly darker green and blue as opposed to the faint pink it appears on the white background. Black just made everything back.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

I had the same on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge @marc-knuckle 

It's a connection problem between the display and phones internal boards.

As long as the phone shows no sign of being dropped and none of the water indicators haven't been tripped they should replace the screen under the 24 month manufacturing warranty.

Seek out a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre is my advice. 

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Cheers mate

The live chat asked me to do the hardware check then a factory reset. I was going to do one anyway after the Android 9 update so I'll try after that then I'll still be within the 24 months warranty of it's the same. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

You're very welcome. 

I think you'll find a factory reset won't remedy this. 

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
vicascharles
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I am using Samsung s20. from a week or less than a week it started to show this issue of faint lines on the screen that moves. horizontal, very faint, and blurry.

IMG_20210608_083717_808.jpgIMG_20210608_083714_227.jpgIMG_20210608_083721_701.jpgIMG_20210608_083727_910.jpgIMG_20210608_083736_005.jpg

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Other Smartphones

@vicascharles - This does like the kind of thing we would see from either physical or liquid damage.

To start with let’s run through a quick Hardware Test on your phone. To do this head over to your dial pad any type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests. Tap Red, Green, Blue and Black. If you see the same issue on these screens, then you'd need to get this inspected at one of our Samsung Support Centres. 

Welcome to the Community!

vicascharles
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

HI. Thank you. Well, the screen nor the phone ever had any physical damage or fall or anything of that sort. 

*#0*# - shows lines on green screen. and on red and blue I don't see them. tried to observe closely and yes, seen only on the green.

any idea what does it mean? I raised a complaint to Samsung care. they have collected my details and log report.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Other Smartphones

Being able to see anything whilst on the Hardware Test does (usually) indicate a hardware issue. I wouldn't like to guess what it could be without an inspection. But our engineers will be able to do that for you. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes